Chapter 5, seconds of summer

........ok.

Okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

*BEEP*

"Mnnnnhhhggg, every single FUCKING morning!" I growl behind my closed eyes. My eyes shoot open and glare daggers at my phone which was vibrating on my dresser. I bury my head in my pillow and reach over to grab it.

I take a deep breath before answering. "Hello?" I mumble out. A deep chuckle comes from the other side.

"Don't get that attitude with me Mr. You're supposed to be up anyways!"

I grunted and flipped over, shrugging the covers off and heading towards the bathroom. "Dad, it's too early for this, why couldn't you call last night?".

"Sorry son, we were....erm...busy hunting!" He said a bit too quickly. I gave my phone a blank stare, mentally wishing he could see me so I could call BS.

"Dad I'm Seventeen" I stressed, stretching the word for emphasis. "I know when you and Mom need a moment away to do the do."

"The 'Do'?"

"Just don't comment on it. Anyways, when are you guys coming back?" I asked while starting up the shower. I set the phone on the sink and put it on speaker so I could use the bathroom.

"Tuesday Maybe? I assume you're capable of not burning the house down until we come back?" He retorted. I could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Dad...I don't know about that. You guy's usually come back sooner and we JUST moved here, what if I get murdered" I whined. I shrugged off my clothes and leaned towards the mirror. I caught sight of a zit on my shoulder and started picking at it.

"Didn't you just say you were seventeen? Act like it. Besides, I already asked the Alpha to occasionally check up on you until we get back" He said nonchalantly. I felt somewhat relieved at that. At least I'll have a visitor or two.

"Okay whatever" I mumbled, getting bored of the phone call. He did the usual 'No parties, no company yadda yadda yadda' speech and promptly hung up when my mom called him over. I shuddered in disgust and hopped in the shower.

After I finished my morning routine, I got dressed in some black ripped jeans, a plain white T-shirt and my vans. I looked at myself in the mirror before changing into my Nike tracksuit. That outfit is for another day.

I shrugged and skipped downstairs
into the living room to where the speaker was. It was too quiet with me being the only person here so I was eager to get some music flowing. I pondered my mood and decided to put on That's what I like, by Bruno Mars.

The music flooded through the speaker, making my heart speed up with an indescribable emotion. I love music with a passion. Even though I can't play an instrument for shit, It's always been my happy place. Jazz music, Rock, Kpop, Pop, Rap, Country, Alternative, you name it; I love it.

I plopped down on the couch and tilted my head back as the song switched and started playing, Ocean Eyes By Billie Eilish. If you could get high from music, I would be faded by now. All my worries seemed to slip away as her soothing voice lulled me away.

Can't stop staring at those ocean eyes

Light green eyes popped in my head, making me slowly open my own and stare at the ceiling. Images from last night flash through my mind. I tentatively lift my hand up to my lips and smile in remembrance.