Chapter Seventy-Seven: Coma

King Henry VIII

May 7th, 1542

I stepped into the nursery and all of the nursers bowed to me.

"Where is he?" I asked as I thought of my son Bella gave birth to just two days ago.

"He is in the brown crib, Your Majesty." Lady Byron said and I nodded before stepping forward and saw my newest son laying there fast asleep.

I bent down and scooped him into my arms and held him close.

"Is he well?"

"Of perfect health, Your Majesty. He weighs much like Prince Christian did when he was born. He has your eyes." Lady Byron listed and I looked down at my son and smiled.

"Did Bella name him before she fell asleep?" I asked and all of the maids shook their heads.

"No, Your Grace. Before she fell asleep she called out for you." Lady Byron explained and I nodded before lowering my son back into his crib. I brushed some of his hair back and smiled softly at him.

"Do not worry. Your mum will be up soon." I said before I turned around and walked out of the nursery.

Two days ago my beautiful wife gave birth to our son. But for her being in labor for two days she passed out from all the pain.

I nodded my head at everyone who bowed to me before I made my way to Bella's quarters. I sighed softly before I nodded at the guards who opened the door for me. All of Bella's ladies stood up and I nodded at all of them before turning to Greer.

"Has she woke up yet?" I asked but Greer shook her head.

"Not yet, Your Majesty. But the physician has just left. Her color is back and she is breathing normally." Greer explained as she stood up and walked over to me.

"May I see her?"

"Of course, Your Grace. You are her husband." She said as she spun on her heel and led me inside her bedchambers.

I stopped at the doorway when I saw Bella fast asleep. Her ladies had covered her with a light blanket and brushed her hair so it could be perfect.

"How much pain was she in?" I asked and was shocked at how horse I sounded.

"A lot. She was miserable being confined in this room. We kept trying to tell her that it was so she did not lose the child." Greer began as she stepped towards her best friend and pressed her hand against the back of her cheek.

"How do we know she will wake up? Edward and Elizabeth keep asking for her." I asked as I followed Greer and sat at the end of the bed and reached to hold Bella's hand.

Her hand was warm on my own and I smiled softly at her.

"Please, Bella. I need you in my life. I cannot imagine walking this earth without you right beside me. I vow to you when you wake up Lady Howard will be gone and we will pack our things and go to Denmark for Fall court." I promised and I felt Bella grip my hand.

Greer and I both stared at one another and I grinned.

"Go, get the children. Even get the baby." I ordered and Greer nodded before rushing out of the room and I heard the footsteps of the other ladies following her.

I turned my attention back to Bella who's eyes were moving as if they were trying to open. Moments later Edward, Elizabeth, Amelia, Christian, and the new baby were being brought inside.

"Mother!" Edward and Elizabeth cried out as they rushed to both of her sides. Amelia and Christian let out a whine before climbing on the bed and rushed to their mother.

I stood up and took the baby out of Kenna's arms and made my way to Bella. She moved her head as if trying to wake up from a nightmare.

I sighed softly before laying down our newborn son on her chest. I watched as my son let out a whimper before he began crying.

Elizabeth went to move as he went to pick him up but I held her shoulder and stopped her.

"No, I have a strong feeling about this," I said and Elizabeth nodded before we turned back to Bella and I watched as her eyes flew open and her arms went around our son and held him close.

"There, there little one." Bella's horse voice called out and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Mummy!" All four of our children cried out as Bella struggled from sitting up. Bella smiled as she allowed all of her kids to hug her before looking down at her son.

"How long?" Bella asked as she turned to me. She had laid down our son in her arms and smiled down at him.

"Two days," I whispered and she nodded before she trailed her finger over our son's face.

"We have to name him. We just keep calling him the baby." Edward said and Bella chuckled as she looked up at me.

"Name him. You have every right to control his name." I said and she sent me a soft smile before nodding.

"His name shall be Henry Edmund Charles Tudor. Prince Henry Tudor, Duke of Kent." Bella annouced and I smiled before stepping towards my wife and children and nodded.

"Prince Henry?" I asked and Bella nodded as she looked down at me.

"I could have sworn I said his name before I passed out." She said and I turned to Greer who was wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"We thought you were calling for Henry." She said and Bella smiled before shaking her head as she offered our son to me.

"No, I wanted that to be his name. And I wanted everyone to know before I fell asleep." She said as I took my son out of her arm and grinned.

"Well, finally a son named after me. Hello, little one. Welcome to the world."