Chapter Ninety-Seven: Arrival of the King of the Netherlands

Queen Isabella 

January 25th, 1544

I stood beside Greer as she clipped my cape to my shoulders and smiled at me. 

"You are all set Bella." She said and I smiled softly as I turned sideways and looked at my now swollen belly. 

"Do you think?" Greer began and I smiled softly. 

"I believe I am having twins again" I whispered before I heard a knock at the door. Aylee rushed to open it and I smiled when I saw Henry there. 

"Are you ready? I believe they shall be arriving soon." He asked and I nodded as I lifted a part of my dress and made my way towards him. 

"I was just waiting for you. Let us go outside and wait for our guest." I said and he nodded before leading me outside to the entrance of our court. Just as we stood still I heard the carriage arriving. 

When it stopped in front of us Bash jumped out of the carriage first. He bowed to Henry and I before standing up. 

"Your Majesties. It is my pleasure to introduce you to my family. My brother, King Sem of the Netherlands, my sister in law Queen Lina of Portugal, my nephew Prince Alecc and my niece Princess Beatrix." Bash said before out stepped everyone. 

Sem was just as I remember him, standing very tall at six foot and five inches with shoulder length black hair. Queen Lina I have not seen since we were children. Her long golden brown hair was in a long braid as she was holding three year old Beatrix. 

"Isabella! My old friend." Sem said as he grinned at us. 

"Hello friend. May I introduce to you my husband, King Henry VIII of England and Ireland." I said and Sem turned to Henry and bowed his head. 

"I have heard much of you in the Netherlands. The King of England who spilt from the Pope and built his own religion to marry Anne Boylen." Sem said and I watched as Henry tensed before clearing his thoart. 

"And I have some things of you. King Sem who took the throne right under his falling father." 

I shared a look with Bash who shook his head before I watched as Lina walked towards me. 

"My dear friend, are you with child again?" 

"I am! The physician told Henry and I we are expecting twins again." I said and Bash grinned at me before I heard Sem clasp Henry on the shoulder. 

"Another set of twins, I want to meet these children Bella, is a blessing!" Sem said and I smiled before looking at Alecc and Beatrix. 

"These two are the perfect mix of you both." I said and Lina grinned. 

"We decided to leave Bartholomew at home with mother since he is only three months." Sem explained and I smiled softly at them. 

"We were speaking to Henry of an arrange marriage with Beatrix and Christian." Lina said and I looked over to Henry who wouldn't meet my eyes. 

"Of course. I couldn't pick a better wife for him." I said and I felt Bash's eyes on me. 

"Shall we go inside to the banquet hall?" Henry asked as Lina ushered the children to their governess before taking Henry's arm. Sem offered his arm to me and we began our way inside. 

"Henry has not told you of the marriage deal?" Sem whispered as we followed Henry and Lina. 

"No, he has been distance lately. He hasn't been feeling well at times. I just don't know anything anymore." I whispered and Sem smiled softly at me. 

"Do you love him?" He asked and I stopped walking for a moment and looked at Henry. 

"I think I'm starting to fall out of love. Something I vowed I would never do." I said before Sem began leading me again. 

"Know if you do divorce him we will stay with the marriage between our children and help you leave back to Denmark." He said as we walked into the banquet hall and everyone bowed to us. 

Sem lead me to my throne besides Henry and I quickly sat down as Henry face the crowd. 

"Today we celebrate and welcome The Netherland Royals coming to visit us! We must also celebrate the marriage contract that will soon take place between Prince Christain and Princess Beatrix." Henry began and everyone began to cheer. 

"We will treat everyone that has come from the Netherland court with respect and nothing less. Now let us eat and let the party begin!" He finished as the music began before he went to join me. I smiled softly at him and he stared at me for a moment. 

"How are you feeling? How are the babes?" 

"I am well. Feeling a bit tired. They are well. I am nearly four months along." I explained as our food was brought to us. 

I watched as Henry's eyes linger on the girl and I quickly looked away to see Bash sending me a sad smile. 

When I saw the girl walk away I turned back to Henry only to see him speaking to Charles. I sighed softly as I turned my attention to the food and started eating. 

Once I was finished Bash stood in front of me and bowed low to me. 

"may I have this dance, Your Majesty?" He asked and I grinned at him before nodding. 

"Of course, Your Highness." I said as I stood up and walked around the table to Bash. I bowed my head before he led me onto the dance floor near Sem and Lina. 

Once we bowed to one another again, Bash wrapped his arms around me and began leading me around the dance floor. 

"You look sad. May I ask why?" 

"I fear Henry has taken another and is going to divorce me." I whispered before he spun me around. 

"Why do you fear that? What has given you the idea?" 

"He does not visit me any longer. He rarely sees the children. He says it is his health but Bash I think he is going to divorce me." I whispered as I felt my eyes well up. 

I quickly bliked them away as Bash dipped me before slowly bringing me back up. 

"What can I do to help?" 

"Your spies. Have them spy on Henry. Then reach to the pope and draw up a divorce contract. I want my children to come with me. But I know he will hold onto to Edward and Elizabeth." I said before the song ended and I stepped away from Bash and bowed lowly. 

"Isabella." Bash began and I shook my head. 

"I refuse to get hurt anymore Bash. If I must leave, I leave my dignity as a worthy Queen. And I shall leave him to die a lonely death."