Chapter 12

The Star of Dorne

Ashara woke up lying next to Willas Tyrell. The boy had been eyeing her all night and while she never thought that she would bed him, she relented when she realized his calmly nature. That was always her downfall, gentle but brave men who were calmly.

The boy did have a youthful vigor about him, one that made their night somewhat enjoyable. It would have been more enjoyable had the boy not made every single attempt to try and hide the deformity on his leg.

Ashara was interested to see him interact with Oberyn; the two were bound to run into each other and what a meeting that would be.

Ashara stood up and got dressed and left the snoring lord and made her way to the main pavilion. When she entered the room to get breakfast she saw Robb Stark chatting with her daughter.

The two were laughing and by the way her daughter was constantly flushing her eyebrows, she knew this was something more than a brother and sister bonding.

Seeing the two made her pang to the man she had once loved and she remembered the last time she saw him.

Ned Stark sat in the cells of the red keep. The darkness was becoming unbearable and Ned yearned to see the sunlight.

The cold didn't much bother him because he had the blood of the Stark kings. The Kings In the North.

In a couple of hours he would be facing trial for his supposed treason.

Ned heard the door being unlocked and he could see the torch flickering through the of the stills.

Ned didn't look up at the person; he could smell the sweet perfume so he assumed it was Varys.

'Lord Varys have you come to chat with me before I shame myself for a crime that I am innocent of' he said. Ned expected a retort but in return he heard a feminine voice.

'I know it's been long but surely I don't look much like Varys' Ashara said with a smile. Ned's heart panged.

'Ashara' he said as if he were seeing a ghost.

'Eddard' she replied in the soft voice he remembered. She was still as beautiful as he remembered.

'Ash I am so sorry...' Ned was about to apologize but Ashara stopped him.

'Whatever it is, it's in the past. I have moved on' she said. Ned looked at her in disbelief.

'Last time we saw each other, I thought you had hated me' he replied.

'I did. The man I loved more than anything had not only killed my brother but had fathered two babes from different woman after claiming my maidenhead' she stated.

Ned looked down in shame, reminiscing on how he murdered Arthur Dayne.

'Can you forgive me for Arthur?' he asked.

'No I don't think I can. I would kill you but a certain someone would never forgive me if I did' she said hesitantly.

'Who?' Ned asked curious as to who Ashara knew that wanted him alive.

'It doesn't matter. What matters is that I know about Jon' she said.

Ned paled at that statement, he looked ready to argue but Ashara was not having it.

'Don't lie to me Ned. I know Arthur was protecting Lyanna and I spoke to the wet nurse, she finally gave in and admitted the truth' she replied.