Chapter Eleven - Change Comes Out of Nowhere

-Tomura POV-

KABOOOOOOMMMMM!

Another building crumbles to the ground. Citizens are running around, screaming their heads off. Some are injured, but none are dead.

I curse under my breath and run in the direction of the crash. This villain, whoever he is, is gonna get it once I find him.

I, Tomura Shigaraki, am in pursuit of a dangerous villain who is holding several kids hostage. Not high schoolers, kindergartners. Little kids who can't save themselves. Kurogiri told me to stay at the hideout, but I bolted out the door first chance I got.

The world needs a hero right now. And I will be that hero.

-Izuku POV- Watching the news

"Hold on  now, folks. We have just received word that- no way. TOMRA SHIGARAKI is being seen at the sight of the collapsing! But... wait a minute. That can't be right."

The news anchor pauses, as I sit in utter disbelief. Tomura's doing this?! Why?! Is it because he can't be with me? Is he upset?! What is going on?!

"Apparently, he's helping people out of the rubble and debris, and he's- HE'S IN PURSUIT OF THE MAN WHO CAUSED THIS?! YOU'VE HEARD IT RIGHT FOLKS! TOMURA SHIGARAKI IS SAVING PEOPLE AND TRYING TO STOP THE VILLAIN! YA HEARD IT HERE FIRST! COULD VILLAIN TOMURA SHIGARAKI BE CHANGING HIS WAYS AND SAVING THE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF HURTING THEM?! MY FORTUNE COOKIE SAID TODAY WAS GONNA BE GOOD, BUT MAN THAT CAME OUTTA NOWHERE!!!"

oh my god.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.

Is- Is THIS a DREAM?! If so, I'm removing my brain so it can stop toying with my feelings.

I sit on one of the couches of the common area, surrounded by many other students who are watching the news as well.

"Holy Pikachu," Kaminari sighs.

"Holy Pikachu is right," Uraraka responds. "Guys, don't you see what is going on here?!"

We all shake our heads and look up at her. She frowns, sighing.

"Guys, we are witnessing the birth of a HERO! He really loves Deku-kun enough to change his entire lifestyle to being a hero!"

All eyes shift to me. I blush. Tomura really does love me, huh?

But, what about the pros?!

"We are receiving word now that All Might has entered the scene! Incredible!"

That was fast.

-Tomura POV- Chasing the bad guy

I'm out of breath, but that won't stop me! I NEED to save those kids!

"SHIGARAKI!" A loud, booming voice shouts at me from behind. All Might approaches, running after me.

"SHIGARAKI, LET THE CHILDREN GO!" Ohhhhh. So he thinks I did this. Oh boy.

"I DON'T HAVE THE KIDS!" I shout back. "HE DOES!"

"WHO?!"

"HIM!"

Up ahead, a man can be seen holding two children. All Might and I start to run even faster than before, trying desperately to catch the guy before he causes any more damage.

"SHIGARAKI," All Might booms. "WHY ARE YOU HELPING?!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE IZUKU, AND I WANT TO BECOME THE MAN WE SAW IN OUR DREAMS!" We have to shout because everyone else is screaming.

The man turns around, looks us in the eyes, and stomps on the ground, causing another building to come crashing down. If we don't get out of the way we'll be crushed! But it looks like we'll be crushed anyways.

A second building is rushing towards us, shards of glass from the windows already hitting the ground. This is it, isn't it?

Is this the way I end? Crushed by a giant building, soulmate miles away from me. Next to a hero.

I close my eyes, braced for impact, just when I see a bright blue light come up from behind me, accompanied by thick smoke.

Dabi?

-Izuku POV-

"TOMURA!" I scream his name as the building collapses on top of him and All Might. Without thinking, I dash out of the dorms, and into the street. I ignore my classmates calling my name and continue to run at full speed.

I just witnessed my soulmate get crushed by a building! Tears pour from my eyes as the wind on my face wipes them away for me.

Tomura used to wipe away my tears. That's how we met, wasn't it? A sad, soulmateless boy being comforted by a handsome, mysterious villain. He made me feel wanted in this pathetic world, where quirkless boys without a soulmate like me weren't wanted.

I'd give anything to be with him right now. I want to go back to those dreams of our future, back to our little Izura.

Someone grabs me by my shirt collar, breaking me out of my thoughts. The throw me backwards and onto my rear.

I groan and say, "Hey! I'm in a rush! Now get out of my way before I-" I stop mid sentence.

Toga and Kurogiri stand over me. Toga is wearing a smug smile on her face, while the mist man remains expressionless.

"Come on," Kurogiri states. "We have to hurry before Tomura gets crushed for real this time!" He pulls me up and opens a portal.

Wait. Crushed for real? TOMURA DIDN'T DIE?! YESSSSSSSSS!!!

I don't have much time to process things. Toga shoves me into the portal, and Kurogiri follows us inside.

-Tomura POV-

Dabi sets a huge fire to the building, leaving it as nothing but ash and rubble by the time it hits us.

"COME ON!" He shouts. "WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! HE'S GETTING AWAY!" Dabi points to the man who's holding the children hostage.

The children's faces soon come into view. One of them is a complete stranger, while the other one is...

"DABI LOOK! IT'S YUME!" The tiny, crying boy looks terrified, but his face lights up as soon as he sees Dabi and I.

Now, not only do we have to stop buildings from collapsing, but we have to save the son of the mafia leader. Today has been a day.

Without hesitation, Dabi, All Might, and I run towards the man causing this chaos. As we're running, I hear a noise. I stop and turn around, signaling for the others to continue chasing after the villain.

One of Kurogiri's portals opened. And from it falls Izuku and Toga, accompanied by Kurogiri himself. Toga and Kurogiri see the man and the chaos he's caused, and run to help the two men who are already battling the villain.

Izuku and I make eye contact, and, for just a second, everything around us vanishes. I whisper his name, slowly walking towards him.

He runs up to me and jumps into my arms, crying. I hug him tightly.

I never want to let him go.

~~~~~CHAPTER ELEVEN END~~~~~

I AM NOT DEAD. Sorry I haven't been updating lately! My school is doing first semester finals right now, and I've been suffering from writer's block as well.

I'm just glad to get this chapter out!

Bye bye!

TJ