Chapter Twelve - Together Forever, Together We're Better

-Tomura POV-

The small, green haired boy cries in my arms. He sobs and hiccups adorably.

"T-Tomura," he cries. "I-I thought I l-lost you fore-ever!" He cries some more, and I hug him tighter.

"Shh," I hush. "It's okay. I'm right here." Right now, everything is perfect.

It's just the two of us, standing here on Christmas day, hugging as the snow falls around us.

This is all I've ever wanted for Christmas.

A loud crash breaks me away from my thoughts. Oh no. I FORGOT WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE. I AM AN IDIOTTTTTTT!!!!

I take Izuku by the hand and run in the direction of the crash. He squeezes my hand and giggles. Sigh, I love this boy.

As we approach the battle, I can already see that the man is not alone. He must've called for back up! He has four more people around him, all of them wearing matching black hoodies.

Toga rushes at one of them, with a piece of her barstool friend, and bashes him in the head with it. She runs after him as he gets up.

Yume is standing next to the other little kid, trying his best to protect her from the man who captured them. The man is yelling something inaudible to the children. He raises his hand and goes to hit the tiny, white haired boy.

Izuku rushes at him, eyes full of rage, but stops when a loud noise surrounds us. Someone shot a gun.

The man pulls his now injured hand to his chest, falling to the ground in pain.

We turn around to see who shot the gun.

"GET YA DIRTY, ROTTEN, LYING, NO-GOOD HANDS OFF'A MY SON!" Max jumps down from the roof of a building, landing gracefully on the concrete.

Following after her, her five other children and her husband jump down as well, all of them heavily armed.

"THAT'S OUR BROTHER, YOU ANNOYING, BOTHERSOME HOUSEFLY!" The twins shout. The children rush to help fight, smiles breaking out among their faces.

The man gets back up and scowls. He stomps on the ground again causing the ground to shake and making everyone loose their balance.

Izuku gets up fast and runs back to All Might and I.

"It's an earthquake quirk," he says. "It's gotta be! Or at least something related to shaking!" He continues to mutter, this time to himself.

The Smithingtons get up quickly, still furious at the man who took the youngest member of their family. Before they can get too far, another building starts to fall.

Izuku jumps in front of the building, activating his quirk. He draws his fist back, shouts something, and throws a punch at the crumbling building.

It shatters into a million pieces, debris falling everywhere. Izuku crumbles to the ground, clutching a broken arm.

"IZUKU!" I shout, running to his side.

"I'm o-okay," he says, tears forming at the edge of his eyes. "I'm Fine. We have to save the kids first!" He gets up, completely ignoring the fact that his entire right arm is broken.

The man looks surprised. He scowls and grabs the kids. He begins to run in the other direction.

-Izuku POV-

The searing pain in my right arm is telling me to stop, but my idiot brain is telling me to keep fighting. I run after the man, clutching my arm.

"LET THE KIDS GO!" I shout. He looks at me and laughs, then sets the kids down next to him. Yume hold the younger girl in a tender embrace as if telling her that everything's going to be okay.