Tea Time

I felt my bed dip from extra weight and looked up from my book, Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda. Bucky sat on the edge of bed slumped over. His long brown hair covered his face and his elbows rested on his knees. He took a couple shaky deep breaths and looked back at me. His eyes were red and his face was stained from crying. I marked my page and set down the book on the nightstand. I crawled behind Bucky wrapping my arms around his torso and draped my legs around his waist. I lay my head on his back pressing my ear against his body, listening to his deep breathing. His hands gripped my knees as he trembled slightly.

  "Do you wanna talk about it," I asked gently.

  "No," he croaked out, "I just wanna be with you."

  "I'm here my love," I reassured him, "I was about to make tea. Would you like some?"

  "Please," Bucky said, "Chamomile if you don't mind?"

  "Of course," I said unwrapping myself from him, "I'll be back in a snap."

Bucky snapped his fingers and said with a slight smile,

  "There's your snap."

  I nudged him playfully and stepped into my fuzzy slippers. I padded to the kitchen and pulled out the kettle. I filled it with water and set it on the heat. I took out our mugs and placed them on the table. We had gotten them the last time we went to Walt Disney World. Bucky had picked out a Donald mug so naturally I chose the marching Daisy mug.

  The kettle began hissing then rose to a loud annoying screech. I took it off the stove and poured in our respective cups then added the bags of tea. The smell was delicious. I added a spoon full of sugar in the Donald mug then added a splash of milk, just the way he liked it. I picked up the cups and walked back to my room. Bucky was in the same position as I left him.

  "Here's your tea," I said handing the warm mug to him, "I made it just the way you like it too. A spoonful of sugar and a splash of milk. I hope it comes out okay?"

  Bucky took a sip of the tea and let out a soft smile.

  "It's perfect," he responded, "Thank you. For everything."

  "It's not a problem," I reassured him carefully sitting next to him, "I'll always be here for you. Whether to talk or to make tea."

  "Or other things," Bucky asked wiggling his eyebrows. He placed his flesh palm on my thigh tracing circles with his fingers.

I let out a laugh and responded,
  "Yes and that too you horn dog."

  "Do you mind if I stay here tonight, Bucky asked innocently, "If you don't want me here it's okay."

  I set my mug down on the nightstand and said, "Of course you can, Bucky. You know I won't say no to cuddles. Cmon let's get to sleep."

  He placed his mug next to mine as I crawled under the covers. Bucky striped off his shirt, climbed under the covers and pulled me close, spooning me.

"Friday, lights off please," I called out to the AI. The lights flickered off surrounding the room with darkness.

  "Sleep tight, Bucky. Fuck a bed bug," I said cuddling into his body more.

  A loud laugh erupted out of Bucky. He had such a nice laugh, which came out on a rare occurrence. I was glad he was laughing though, it meant whatever was bothering him was hopefully being pushed out of his mind. Bucky wiped tears from his eye and said,

  "I've never heard that one before but I am stealing it now. Good night doll, fuck a bed bug."