FIVE

( FIVE )
a novel approach

"Alex, can I talk to you for a sec?" Lucas asked, catching Alex's attention from the doorway

"Yeah, of course, come in." Alex nodded, Lucas walking into her room and sitting next to his sister, who was on the edge of her bed.

"I hope I wasn't interrupting something." Lucas spoke as he glanced at his sister, Alex shaking her head.

"You weren't." Alex responded, Lucas nodding. "Anyway, what did you wanna talk to me about?"

Lucas inhaled a breath, releasing it a second later. "It's about Malia...and Lydia."

Alex frowned in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"To rephrase, it's sort of about my relationship with Malia, and my friendship with Lydia..." Lucas corrected himself, Alex slowly nodding as her eyebrows furrowed.

At Alex's reaction, Lucas continued. "You've been in a relationship where you've had...feelings...for someone else, right?"

Alex frowned as her brain wandered back to her relationship with Isaac. "Uh, yeah, how'd you know that?"

Lucas blinked as he raised his eyebrows. "Really? I just guessed. Huh..."

"Good guess. Anyway, continue..." Alex let her voice trail off as her brother nodded, the boy getting back to his point.

"I like Malia a lot, don't get me wrong, but..." Lucas sighed, Alex frowning. "I think I might have feelings for Lydia."

Alex's eyebrows raised as her mouth parted slightly in surprise. "You- what?"

"Is that wrong?" Lucas glanced at Alex, who shook her head.

"No, Lucas, it's not wrong." Alex responded. "There's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone else while you're in a relationship."

"Are you sure? Am I a bad boyfriend?" Lucas questioned quickly.

"Well, I wouldn't know. If I did, that would be extremely weird..." Alex replied sarcastically, a small frown appearing on her face, Lucas huffing a chuckle at her words. "You've never had a crush on another person while you've dated someone, have you?"

"Obviously not." Lucas frowned, Alex rolling her eyes.

Lucas' tone went serious as he continued. "What do I do?"