ELEVEN

( ELEVEN )
the last chimera

"You made a move on Lydia yet?" Alex questioned as her gaze was on the road, the girl driving

"You made a move on Lydia yet?" Alex questioned as her gaze was on the road, the girl driving. Her phone was on speaker, the girl talking to Lucas.

"No." Lucas responded from his position back at their house. "I just broke up with Malia."

"I'm aware of that, thank you." Alex responded sarcastically. "I was just asking."

"Plus, I think she's with that cop." Lucas added annoyedly.

"Parrish?" Alex frowned as she continued to drive.

"Yeah, him." Lucas replied, the boy jealous.

A message popped up on Alex's phone from Melissa. It read 'Noah's here and injured. Come quick'.

Alex widened her eyes as she glanced at the road again, the girl changing her route so she was heading towards the hospital. "I've gotta go, I'll call you back later."

With that, Alex hung up the phone.

Fuck it. Alex thought to herself as she sped up.

••••

"Stiles." Alex started as she quickly approached Stiles, who was at the front desk.

Stiles's attention shifted to her, the boy still stressed out about his father, but also relieved that Alex was there.

"Who's this?" The nurse behind the desk asked, the woman catching Stiles's attention.

"She's my girlfriend." Stiles responded, the boy more focused on his father's wellbeing. "Look, we can talk about Alex all day, but right now I'm more concerned about my dad, alright?"

"You said his insurance was with the county? He's a deputy?" The nurse started.

"No, he's the sheriff, he's the county sheriff, okay? He's covered." Stiles replied, his tone rising in impatience. "He should be covered."

Alex glanced at Stiles in sympathy, the girl feeling his anxiety.

"I'll take care of it." Melissa interrupted, the nurse at the desk nodding. Melissa gently escorted the two teens along with her as she continued. "Thanks for coming, Alex."

"Of course." Alex nodded as she glanced at Melissa.

"I texted Scott." Melissa added, the woman glancing between Alex and Stiles. "He's coming as soon as he can."