SIX

( SIX )
required reading

Alex walked into her room, the girl frowning in question as she noticed a small, wrapped box on her desk accompanied by a note

She walked over to it and carefully unwrapped it, opening the lid to reveal a thin, golden necklace with small letters on the front reading 'stiles'.

A small smile overtook her features as she gently placed it back down on the desk, the girl picking up the note and reading it in her head.

To Alex,
I hope you like it.
From, guess who ;)

Alex's smile grew as she bit her bottom lip, glancing at the necklace again.

"I couldn't figure out what to write on the note..." A familiar voice interrupted, Alex turning to face Stiles, who was leaning against the doorframe.

Alex chuckled. "It's cute."

"I mean, I was going more for thoughtful, but cute works too." Stiles responded with a shrug, a small smile on his face as he pushed off the wall and approached Alex. "I know you're not one for jewellery or anything like that, but I thought I'd give it a try."

Stiles continued as Alex's eyes flickered between his. "God, this is gonna sound really self centred, but here goes...I wanted to give you something that'll make you happy when you're not, y'know? And I think I make you happy, so..."

When Alex raised her eyebrows, Stiles inhaled a breath, releasing it a second later. "Oh god, I knew it would come out wrong, that wasn't my intention..."

"Stiles, I love it." Alex grinned as she chuckled again. "And you do make me happy."

Stiles released a relieved breath, the boy smiling. "Okay cool, I wasn't sure if it was clear or not..."

Alex chuckled again as she cupped the sides of Stiles' face and connected their lips.

After they pulled away, Alex raised her eyebrows. "Well, are you gonna put the necklace on me, or...?"

"Right, yeah." Stiles huffed a chuckle as he gently picked up the necklace, Alex turning around and moving her hair to the side.

Stiles gently placed the necklace around her neck, carefully releasing it once it was safely on.

Alex turned around to face Stiles, the girl smiling at him again. "Thank you."