TEN

( TEN )
status asthmaticus

Alex and Stiles watched as the Jeep got towed, Alex's gaze shifting to Stiles

"Come on." Alex started softly as she got in the drivers seat, Stiles sitting in the passenger seat and closing the car door behind him.

••••

"Stupid question, but can they fix it?" Alex started, her eyes on the road.

"There's not enough duct tape in the world to fix that thing." Stiles huffed a chuckle.

"Hey, Roscoe's made it this far." Alex spoke with a small smile, the girl using the name that Stiles came up with for the Jeep years ago.

Stiles glanced at her with raised eyebrows. "You remember it's name?"

"You wouldn't shut up about it when you first named it." Alex chuckled, Stiles huffing another chuckle.

A moment of silence passed between the two, Alex speaking up again. "I've always wanted to know why you've let it get so bad."

"There's been a few distractions, if you haven't noticed..." Stiles responded, the boy letting his voice trail off.

"I notice." Alex replied, her gaze quickly shifting to Stiles before shifting back to the road. "I notice a lot more than you think I do."

Stiles's attention was drawn to Alex as the boy spoke quietly. "I didn't mean it like that, it's just...with everything going on-"

"Am I dropping you off at the station or at home?" Alex cut him off, the girl's gaze remaining on the road as she continued to drive.

Alex knew Stiles had a point.

She wasn't being as inclusive and as verbal with the group as she usually was. Lately, she was getting thrown off a little by her thoughts, which wasn't helpful for the group, especially when they're trying to find out where the bodies are going.

"Uh, the station." Stiles answered as he glanced ahead again. "I gotta talk to my dad."

••••

Alex released a breath as she parked the car in front of the police station, the girl glancing at Stiles. "You want me to go in with you?"

"No, it's okay, it's probably gonna take awhile." Stiles responded, Alex nodding. A brief silence fell between the two, Stiles about to get out of the car until Alex stopped him.

"Are you gonna tell him about Donovan?"

At her words, Stiles closed the car door and glanced at her with a frown, not aware that she knew about the whole thing. "You knew?"

"I guessed." Alex replied softly. "I saw the bite on your shoulder when you were sleeping and I figured something happened."

Stiles glanced away, the boy rubbing his shoulder gently.

"It didn't matter to me." Alex spoke when Stiles didn't respond. "It still doesn't. That's why I never said anything."

Stiles glanced at the girl again. "Well, it matters to me." His voice was soft as his gaze flickered between Alex's eyes.

Alex frowned as Stiles began to open the car door, the girl stopping him again. "Stiles, I'm always here for you, you know that, right?"

Stiles glanced at the girl, the boy nodding as he sat back down. "Yeah. Yeah, I know."

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?" Alex questioned quietly.

Stiles stayed silent for a moment before speaking softly. "I didn't wanna lose you."

"You won't lose me." Alex responded, gently shaking her head. "I promise."

Stiles released a breath as he glanced at the girl.

After a moment, he spoke quietly. "I have to go." With that, he opened the car door and exited the car, heading towards the police station and leaving Alex alone.

Alex didn't take her eyes off Stiles as he walked into the station, the girl feeling tears sting her eyes as a million thoughts about her and Stiles ran through her head.

••••

AUTHOR'S NOTE

wow another filler chapter, look at me go.

I apologise again for the lack of an actual, interesting chapter, this season's a bit hard to fit original characters into.

don't worry, soon there will actually be some interesting content, I've got a few things planned ( it includes alex and theo ) so the filler chapters won't be a permanent thing.

sorry ( again ) and I hope you enjoyed this filler chapter !