2

March.... Knowing that that was still several months away, I knew I had time to figure out what exactly was going on. Signe moved back to Denmark whilst I continued my life in the U.K.

"Ding ding ding! Top of morning!" I started recording a new video with Felix.

"Ding ding ding!" He repeated. "Hey, so what are we going to do today?"

"Hell, I don't know.."

"SWORE!" Felix smacked me with his sword. "Stjöp!"

"I'm sorry.." I sighed. "I've been pretty stressed out.."

"What's up?" I started explaining what was going on. He was shocked to hear I was divorced, but he wasn't surprised that my ex wife would do something like that to take my kids. "That's.. Wow.."

"She's trying to show the courts that I'm unfit to be a father, which... I know is ridiculous. Those kids are my pride and joy.." I sighed. "Can we film later?" I heard a sigh on the other end of a voice chat. "Felix?" There was another voice. "Hello?"

"Whatever he's telling you, don't believe him."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I'm sorry.. Marzia's on the phone. She was relaying something to me."

"Whatever he's telling you, don't believe him? What's that mean?" I asked. Felix sighed.

"It's Signe.." He whispered. "She's confiding in Marzia, but she didn't want us talking to you. Marzia told her she's not going to disown you as a friend because she's leaving you... but she told us not to believe a thing you say because she's trying to get full custody."

"She's not going to win," I said. "All I have to do... is prove that I am responsible and levelheaded.... that I'm not an alcoholic, I don't have anger issues.... I'm a good person."

"It'll be fine. It'll all be okay."

"I know.." I said, then saw that I received an inbox message on Twitter. "Hey, I gotta go.. I'll get ahold of you later.."

~

GabSmolders

"Where do I know that name from?" I asked myself, searching it. "Evelien Smolders... Why would a woman like you have anything to do with me?"

Hey, are you going to VidCon?

"VidCon...?"

I was planning on it.. I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but do we know each other?

Well no.. not really :)
I'm a Twitch streamer and YouTuber. You may not recognise the screen name, but would you recognise "GamerGirlGab" or "GG Gab" ?

Oh yeah! I think I've heard of you

Well I know I've heard of you ;)

"A little flirty, are we?" I chuckled as I typed my next reply.

By mentioning VidCon, are you suggesting we meet?

If you would like, yes..

I think I would.. ;)

Mr Septiceye, are you flirting with me?

Uh.. no..? I'm sorry :|

It's totally fine lmao. I thought I'd mess with you

Oh lol

"Crisis averted.." I facepalmed. "Wait.... isn't she married..?" I did a quick google search and found that she had just divorced her husband a few months ago. They had separated, but the divorce wasn't finalised until September. "Just like me... hm.."

Don't take this the wrong way..

Jack, you're scaring me

No, no! It's nothing bad..

I bit my lip as I started to type.

I really wasn't planning on attending VidCon 2019... but I changed my mind a few moments ago

Oh? Did a certain Dutch girl change your mind?

Possibly..

Well I wasn't planning on going either.... but I thought... if another gamer went, I would feel a little more secure.. Out of all the gamers, I was really hoping for you to go

Why me?

Okay, don't take this the wrong way :P

Gab, you're scaring me lol

I've been a fan of yours for a while.. and I find you pretty... attractive..

I felt a warm sensation in my heart that made a smile from across my face. It was first time a woman had shown interest in me since Signe..... it just happened to be the same scenario, with a different girl.

You are very sweet. I'm suddenly really wanting to meet..

How about... tomorrow?

Tomorrow?

If that's not too forward..

No, not at all.. Maybe... get a coffee?

I'm a tea drinker, but I'll take you up on that.... Starbucks work? Maybe 11?

I'll be there

I'll see you then :)

~

I called Felix back on Skype, slightly panicking.

"Jack, what's going on?" He said.

"Okay... so I left our call earlier because I had a Twitter DM.." I explained.

"You left the call for a message?"

"It was from this... really... beautiful woman.." I felt my face turn red. "She's a Twitch streamer and YouTuber... she's a gamer...."

"Somebody's smitten!" Felix teased. "Who's this girl?"

"Evelien Smolders.." I said. "Gab Smolders online."

"Oh, yeah.. I'm familiar with her. She mainly does horror gaming. Marzia and I met her on our honeymoon in Japan. She used to live there, but she moved to the U.K. after that."

"Do you think I'm crazy?" I asked.

"Crazy? What did you do?"

"Nothing... yet.." I said. "She asked me if I was going to VidCon."

"You aren't.."

"I am now.."

"So far you're not... too.. crazy.."

"And I'm going to meet her tomorrow.." I said quickly.

"Sorry, what?"

"I'm meeting her tomorrow."

"Why are you thinking that's crazy?" Felix chuckled. "You're both single. You have a lot in common... Just don't rush into anything.. She comes across as the type of person to take things decently slow."

"I'm gonna be smarter about this.." I smiled. "I've grown a lot since Signe."

"Yes, you have.." He said. "Can we film now? Marzia ordered a pizza, so I'm free to film now. I've already eaten."

"I have a few things to do.. we can film tomorrow night.. I'm going to Starbucks at 11." Felix laughed. "What?"

"Oh I was just setting something up... nothing to worry about." I could hear Minecraft noises.

"Potato traps again?" The other end went silent for a moment.

"No...." He hung up.

"Wow," I laughed and noticed I had a new message.

My cat just started purring when I told him I'm going out tomorrow...

I think he approves