3

That following morning, I woke up early to make sure I had enough time to get ready. I hopped out of bed, got dressed, and fixed my hair.

"Okay.." I looked at my reflection. "Today is a big day.... Don't be a stupid fecker... Just get your ass out there.. and try to make a good impression." I checked the time and found some shoes. "Nothing too extravagant... Nothing too minuscule.." I told myself. "Just be yourself.. She already finds you cute."

~

As I walked out the door, I felt a rush of anticipation and terror. Evelien was so beautiful.. I didn't want to ruin things just by meeting her the first time. I took a deep breath and got an Uber to take me to Starbucks. It was 10:50am.

I sat at a table as I waited for Evelien to arrive, anxiously checking the time every two seconds as if it were going to change that quickly. 10:57... 10:57... Something told me to look up toward the door, and when I did... There she was.

"Hello," she smiled, giving me a hug. She was about an inch taller than me, and her hair was down and straight. "I'm so sorry if I'm a little awkward.. I just had a huge wave of nerves hit me.." She giggled.

"You don't even know the half of it," I smiled. "I woke up this morning and gave myself a pep talk like 'don't be stupid.. don't be stupid... you fecker, be yourself, but not stupid.' until I left." She laughed at my joke. "I've gotta say... Your laugh is adorable."

"Oh, well thank you," Evelien said. "So, tell me a little bit about yourself.. I mean, I know some from watching your videos... but telling me more.."

More... How much more?

"Like what?" I asked.

"Oh, I don't know... what's something your audience doesn't know?"

"Well.... You probably know I'm divorced.." I said, and she nodded.

"So am I."

"I'm twenty eight.." I said. "I have two brothers and two sisters.."

"Seán, those are so simple," Evelien smiled. "What about your life? What makes your life worth meaning?"

"Wow... Deep.." I chuckled.

"I like asking questions like that when I'm getting to know someone."

"Well... I would have to say my family... friends... and my roots. Growing up in a small town in Ireland."

"You're friends with Felix and Marzia, aren't you?"

"Maybe? Why? What did you hear?"

"Felix told Marzia that you were talking to him about a certain Dutch girl you were meeting up with.... He said he gave you pointers?" She grinned.

"I wouldn't say pointers, but.." I said. "I did tell him I got a message from you.... and he told me you come across as the type of person who would take things slow." She nodded. "I'm totally fine with that."

"Good," Evelien blushed. "So.. we should probably order our drinks.."

"Actually, I already ordered them." She looked at me with a confused expression. "I got you a tea."

"You didn't have to order for me," she said.

"Well, I wanted to.." I smiled. "And besides.. I actually got here ten minutes early so I had time to order..." Our drinks were ready shortly after, so we grabbed them and sat down to drink. "So you used to live in Japan?"

"I did. I had to learn the language because I actually became certified as a translator and taught. That was one of my jobs before starting YouTube."

"I can only speak Gaelic and English.." I cheesed. "Felix has tried to teach me some Swedish.. and Marzia tried some Italian... but I'm an Irishman."

"I might just have to teach you some Dutch and Japanese," she gave me flirty eyes as she sipped her tea.

"Is that your way of saying I got a shot with you?" I asked. "Oh god.." I covered my face. "That was blunt."

"It's okay," Evelien pulled my hands away from my face. "You're not going to ruin your chance by being awkward. I'm free for the next month... then I'm flying to the Netherlands to be with my family for Thanksgiving.. but I'll be back the day after Christmas.. and.. I'll be here for New Years."

"Then we will have to cherish time until you go... and cherish it when you're back.." I smiled softly. "Would it be rushing into things if I... kissed you... right now?"

"I mean..." Evelien said. "I think I'll allow a cheek..." She bit her lip as I leaned in. I kissed her softly on the cheek, and her skin turned bright pink. "Next week?"

"I'll be counting down the days.." I blushed as she gave me another hug before we left and went our separate ways.

~

I got home shortly after, feeling relieved that I didn't make an absolute fool of myself. I could smell a very light reminiscence of her perfume on my shirt. Her smile imprinted itself into my memory, and just thinking about kissing her... even if it was just on the cheek.... made me feel proud and confident of myself. I didn't think I could ever love again, but Evelien Smolders changed that fate. I went to my computer and noticed I had a message from Felix.

So how was the date?

Felix, I think I'm in love.

Jack, I told you not to rush it

I know.. and I'm not
I'm just saying.... she is amazing.. She's beautiful... smart... funny...

I knew you would hit it off really well

I kissed her on the cheek before leaving...

Ooooooo, my boy!

Felix, I do really like her... And we're seeing each other again next week

I'm honestly really proud of you... You've moved on, and I don't think I've ever witnessed you this happy

Thanks Poods :)

Can we film now?

~

"God that was stupid," I laughed after a creeper blew up and killed me. "Grab my stuff, please."

"I'll puke it at ya.." Felix spewed out all of my items until I had everything from my armour to my stacks of potatoes.