After going home, Evelien passed out on the couch, so I carried her to bed. BB jumped up next to her, meowing softly.

"Beebs, don't wake her," I petted him. "Your mommy has a headache... She drank quite a bit.." He curled up next to her. "That's better." He purred, which was soothing to Evelien.

~

The following week, I had Felix's words stuck in the back of my head.

"Follow your heart." The same three words repeated themselves over and over until it annoyed me.

Evelien was filming with her friend Marz, who was in town for the week, so whilst she was out, BB and I had the house to ourselves. I explained to him why I was so anxious, as if he would understand precisely what I meant.

"Listen Beebs," I said. "If I do this, I need you to back me up..." BB looked at me blankly. "Beebs.. please.."

"Meow?"

"Felix told me I have to make this decision... and figure out when feels right.." I sighed. "Follow your heart.. My heart is telling me all of this questioning is ridiculous."

"Meow-ow?" He rubbed up against me.

"I love her," I said. "I just really don't want to make a mistake... what if doing this now... is a mistake?" I checked my phone.

Babe: Wanna order a pizza tonight?

If you insist :)

Babe: I'll call it in.. usual?

Yeah

Babe: okay, I'll be home in about an hour.. I love you!

I love you <3

"Beebs..." I threw myself back onto our bed. "How do suppose I do this?" He was silent. "Dude.. You're supposed to be my wingman, here... Could you help me out?" He jumped off the bed and left the room. "Wow... thanks.."

~

When he came back, he had something in his mouth. It was the catnip toy I got him for Christmas last year.

"You left me for that?" I chuckled, then realised why he had done that. "You were just trying to make me smile.." BB jumped back up to my level, purring. "Should I do it soon... or do I wait a little bit?"

"Meow-ow-ow.."

"You know... I'll actually be your human when I do this," I smiled at the fluffy cat. "I mean.... I kinda already am... but it'll be on paper.."

Evelien came home a few minutes later, showing me that an hour had already passed, and I did nothing but bicker with myself.

"Have fun filming?" I asked, giving her a kiss.

"Yeah, but I'm exhausted.." she said. "Ah, yes.... The pizza... I beat it here.." Evelien answered the door and paid the delivery man. We ate, talking about our days, and Evelien told me a story about how she fell into the water down at the beach. "It was really fucking cold," she laughed. "But we went back to Marz's hotel room so I could dry off and warm up.. That's when I thought I'd ask if you wanted pizza."

"How on earth did you manage to fall into the water?" I laughed.

"Marz was being a little shit," Evelien explained. "But I kinda asked for it."

"What did you do?"

"I... may or may not have... pushed her into the water before I went in," she shrugged, hiding her guilt.

"Babe!" I laughed more.

"So what did you do today?" She asked. I was paralyzed in fear of saying too much.

"Oh, I just hung out with Beebs.." I said, trying not to act suspicious.

"Is that all...?"

"Pretty much," I stuck to my story, but Evelien wasn't buying it. "Babe, I really did just stay home with Beebs."

"Okay," she said. I felt a nervous sweat come on. "Well, do you want to have movie night... or we can play some games?"

"Whatever you want, babe," I smiled.

~

I managed to hide my plans for another few months, and on the night before Christmas Eve, I called up Felix.

"Hey man," Felix said.

"I'm gonna do it," I said, not even saying hello first. "It's wrapped up and ready... she's gonna open it Christmas morning..."

"You woke me up.... at 2am.... to tell me you finally are going through with your plan?" He clarified.

"Yeah..?"

"Seán, you've been with her for a year.. Take a breath... and remember what I said about her a long time ago.."

"She comes across as the type to take things slow..." I sighed. "Well... I... I feel like I need to do this, Felix.."

"Well, then congratulations... Now if you'll excuse me, I need my beauty sleep... I'm going back to bed."

"You do that," I laughed. I thought everything over one last time, but then had an aching feeling that I had unfinished business somewhere.

~

That next morning, whilst Evelien was editing, I left to run some errands.... my first stop being somewhere she wouldn't have expected.

"You have a visitor," the guard said to one of the inmates.

"Who could possibly want... oh.." She walked around the corner and saw me. "Hi.. Seán.."

"Hi Signe.." I said. "Can we talk?" She sat across from me. "How're you holding up?"

"Not the best.... but I'll be in here for quite some time.... four counts like that don't go away easy from family court..." She sighed. "I am sorry... that I never told you... that I let you believe that.."

"I understand..." I said.

"Why did you come here today?" Signe asked.

"I wanted to let you know... I am happy. I moved on... and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.." I said.

"That girl that was with you at court?"

"Yeah... her," I smiled. "I'm madly in love with her..."

"I remember when you used to say that about me," Signe looked glum.

"You'll meet someone new," I said. "I promise. I didn't think I would... and then she came into my life...." I paused before explaining what my intentions were.

"I'm glad you're moving on with your life, Seán.." she said, smiling a bit. "Really.."

"Thank you," I smiled. "I'm glad to see you're smiling. Just stay positive, okay?" As I started to leave, she spoke up.

"Did you hear from them?" I turned back. "The kids.."

"They're going to be fine," I said. "Sylvia promised."