8

When fall rolled around, Evelien and BB we're officially out of their old place, and moved in with me. BB immediately ran and jumped on my couch, in the spot where he laid whilst Evelien was out of town.

"Wow.." Evelien smiled at her cat. "You've already made yourself at home, haven't you?" BB started purring. "Aww cutie.." We unboxed her stuff, moving everything into its new spot, and by the time we were done, we decided to film for my channel.

~

"DING DING DING! TOP OF MORNING!" I rang my comedically large bell. "Do you want to?" Evelien took it and rang it.

"DING DING DING! TOP OF MORNINGGG!"

"Wow, we're annoying.." I laughed. I introduced Evelien as my girlfriend, as this was the first video we had done together since starting our relationship. "She's a gamer!" As I swung my arm out into a 'whip,' she laughed. We went on with the video, but I forgot to change the writing on my whiteboard. "LOVE!" I yelled, smacking my hand against it. "That hurts... every time."

"LOVE!" Evelien yelled, too. Every time she did something that others would find obnoxious or over-the-top, I found her more and more attractive and perfect for me. It would take me back to when we first met, and how nervous I was that I would make a complete fool of myself. Turns out, I could've been an absolute dumbass, and she would've still fallen in love with me. Every dumb joke I made, she nuzzled up to me, smiling as big as possible. We played the 'Newlyweds Game,' and although we got several wrong, we had fun reliving old memories we made off camera and out of the limelight.

"I don't know how to end this.." I said, looking at the camera.

"Let's just shout love on three... or I guess, after three.." My girlfriend suggested.

"Okay.. one.. two.. three.." I counted.

"LOVE" we yelled together, laughing at the end of it. Evelien fell into me, almost out of her chair. I caught her, and she facepalmed.

"I'm such a klutz," she laughed at herself.

"I gotchu," I grinned when she looked me in the eyes. I felt the sudden urge to say more than just "I love you," but I held back. She kissed me softly, smiling through it.

"You know what?" Evelien said. "When I see face... I kiss." She kissed me on the cheek. "Oh look! I did it again!"

~

Felix called me a couple hours later, asking if Evelien and I would like to come over for drinks. They had dropped off the kids at their babysitter's house, so they had the night free. We came over, bringing a bottle of Irish whiskey.

"What's more fitting... than an Irishman bringing Irish whiskey?" Marzia teased. "How are you guys? We haven't talked in a while."

"Great," Evelien looked at me. "Perfect, actually." Felix pushed his hands to his cheeks.

"AWWWW!" He laughed. "It is really great to see you this happy, Seán. After everything that's happened... You really deserve to smile." I wrapped my arm around Evelien.

"Thank you, Felix," I said. "This past year... would've been so much harder if it wasn't for this one.."

~

We sat down, played some games, had some snacks and drank just enough to feel it. Marzia, surprisingly, had the idea of playing drunk party games.

"Okay," she said. "So if you've done the thing, you drink.."

"I'll start," Felix said. "Never have I ever.... lived in Japan." Evelien glared at him as she took a swig.

"Okay, if we're gonna play it that way," she said. "Never have I ever dated someone from Italy." Both Felix and Marzia drank.

"Never have I ever DATED A POTATO," Marzia laughed as both myself and Evelien drank.

"Never have I ever..." I said. "Had sex with Felix." Marzia glared. "Damn right."

"Never have I ever gotten divorced," Marzia threw it back. We all went silent as Evelien and I drank. "Oh... was that.. too far?"

"No, too far would've been mentioning fatherhood..." Felix whispered.

"Um.." I said.

"Oh, shit..." Felix covered his mouth. "Man, I'm sorry... I'm pretty wasted.."

"It's okay. It's been long enough.." I said, trying not to show that it still hurt me. Evelien saw right through my facade. "I'm okay, babe.."

"Are you sure?" She asked, and I nodded.

"I'm seriously sorry about that.... we can stop playing.." Marzia said.

~

The girls cleaned up a little whilst Felix and I sat in the lounge. We could hear them giggling about something, but there was no saying exactly what that was.

"What do you think that's about?" Felix asked. I shrugged.

"I'm actually glad we're alone for a moment.." I said. "Um.."

"What's up?"

"I did something.." I cringed.

"Seán.."

"Am I doing the wrong thing?" I asked, panicking a bit. Felix scratched the back of his head.

"Well... You both love each other... You've moved in together..." He said. "How do you feel about it?"

"I'm absolutely head over heels in love with that woman," I said, smiling a little. "Just... Tell me if I'm jumping the gun.."

"You haven't gone too far in this situation... but if you're looking for an answer from me as to whether or not you're crazy," he said. "I can't answer that."

"What do I do?" I asked, pleading for help. The girls started walking back in.

"Follow your heart," Felix whispered.

"You two keeping secrets?" Evelien asked, sitting next to me. I tried to cover up my emotions and play it cool.

"We were just talking about how lucky we are... to have ladies like you two," I said, and Felix nodded, realising what I was doing. Moments later, there was some barking.

"I'll take them out," Marzia said, kissing Felix on the cheek.

"Make sure Edgar doesn't piss on himself again... that was disgusting," Felix said, cringing from the memory.

Whilst they had their conversation, Evelien nuzzled against me. The light scent of her perfume wafted around us, and I felt my heart pounding in my chest like the first day we had met. She never stopped having that effect on me...