7

It wasn't long until Evelien walked out wearing a black and white hoodie and grey jeans. She swung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her sunglasses.

"Daaaaamn girl.." I smiled.

"Oh, stop.." She blushed. "Are we ready?" Evelien looked at my hair. "Oh geez.."

"It bad." She rolled her eyes. "What?"

"Your hair is still soaked." She grabbed a towel and whipped it through my hair. "It shouldn't take much.. but we gotta hurry up.."

~

When we got to the convention, Evelien signed us in, and we put on our bands and passes. Mark caught up with me, Amy being right behind him.

"Seán McLoughlin... The Irish jackass.... and the GGGab in the flesh.." he laughed. "How's it going?"

"I've been good. I've been better every since this one came into my life.." I wrapped my arm around Evelien, and Mark looked at me with confusion. "Oh, you didn't know?" Mark started to smile.

"I guess we kept it hidden pretty well," Evelien said. The four of us went to find our friends and merchandise stands, and mingled before the meet and greet started. We caught up with the guys from Game Grumps before they held their show.

Arin showed us to our reserved seats for YouTube gamers, and when we sat down, Evelien was so excited. Her expression was that of a kid going to the arcade... or a sugar crazed Tasmanian Devil about to overload in a candy store. I couldn't help but sit and admire her beauty to the point where I didn't even watch the show.

"Babe?" Evelien snapped me out of my daze. "You we're spaced out.."

"Oh, um.." I said. "I was just.... this is gonna sound cheesy.."

"Say it," she smiled.

"I was just admiring your beauty... and... wondering how a guy like me.. could get so lucky.." She smiled more, resting her head on my shoulder.

~

Meet and greet time was a little chaotic, but Evelien and I got a booth together, upon her request. Since her channel was a lot smaller than mine, she was nervous she wouldn't get very many fans wanting autographs and to meet her.

"Babe.." she looked at me as I spoke. "Breathe.. I felt that way, too.. but now I just get excited."

"I'm not used to coming to conventions and being the one people want to see... I've only ever been a fan, going to meet other people," Evelien explained. "I'm.. I'm scared.. I've seen people not get very many fans to come, and I'm probably going to be one of them."

"Evelien..." I took her hands, but her head was down. "Babe, look at me.." I tilted her head up. "I love you... your fans love you.... and I'm sure you're going to have Twitch viewers here, too.."

I leaned in to kiss her, and as I pulled away, fans were lining up rapidly. Evelien's eyes dilated as she saw hundreds of thousands of people, of all ages and ethnicities, come rushing to meet not only me, but her. Several of them even had our merch, and a few had Twitch merch on as well.

"Hi!" Evelien smiled. "Wow.. This is awesome.."

"I told you they love you," I smiled at my stunning girlfriend. She was nothing but smiles, elated by the fact that there were so many people that were like her.... fans of big creators, destined to get there, too. After taking photos with both of us separately, the majority wanted a group picture. Several of the fans kept pointing out how cute Evelien and I were together, making her more and more comfortable in this situation.

~

"That... was..." Evelien said when we got back to our Airbnb.

"Fun? Amazing? Epic? Incredible?" I tried finishing her sentence.

"Surreal.." She said. "Wait... I used that correctly, right? My English vocabulary is a little limited." I nodded. "Good."

"What do you suggest we do now?" I asked, nonchalantly gesturing to the filming equipment and games we packed.

"I kick your ass at every single game you decided to bring.." She smirked.

"Oh?" I said, and she nodded. "Oh really? You think you're gonna kick my ass at every game?" She nodded more. "Oh, it's go time, babe!"

"Bring it!"

~

We ended up playing video games until the sun went down and then some. By the time our hands were violently cramped, we stopped and went to bed. Evelien fell asleep almost instantly, but that just gave me the opportunity to post the pictures we had taken today online.

After posting them, I scrolled through old photos and saw the smile I had been putting on for years. It was nowhere near as pure and real as the smile Evelien puts on my face just by existing. I looked over at her innocent face as she happily snoozed and thought to myself.

"I'll marry you one of these days.... I'm sure of it..." I put my phone on the bedside table, shut the light off and laid down next to the love of my life. She naturally nuzzled up closer to me like always, fast asleep already or not. "I love you so much, Evelien Smolders..." I whispered, kissing her gently on the forehead. She smiled softly in her sleep, giving me a warm feeling in my heart. I had truly never felt this happy before meeting this woman..... and it wasn't just because of BB.