seventy-seven

March 19th, 2004 -

"Luke are you sure you wanna do this? You really should be home with Sierra." Luke was obviously drained from all the crying he's been doing for the last two days. "No I'll be okay. Let's put on a good show." Luke grabbed his guitar and hurried up onto the stage before anyone else could catch up.
"He's really pushing himself." Calum turned to Ashton, as they were walking to the stage. "Leave him for now. He's probably experiencing shock." Ashton replied to Calum. Michael just felt awful for his best friend, luckily Crystal was staying with Sierra making sure she wasn't lonely.

5SOS made it halfway through the set when Luke cut off the next song and queued the stage lights to be put on, the audience was completely lost by it. Luke tapped on the microphone he wanted everyone to be quiet.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight." Luke started off, Ashton places his sticks on top of the drum kit and began to walk over to the rest of the band.
"I'm sorry if I'm not playing to your expectations tonight." The audience cheered louder, they wanted luke to know that he did amazing job. Michael and Calum moved closer to Luke, they had solumn looks on their faces. Luke cleated his throat before speaking again. "Many of you know that Sierra and I are expecting a baby girl in June named Elizabeth Rose.." Luke trailed off his voice began to crack. The crowd awed and cheered. Luke started to frown. "Well this is going to be the last show we play for a while cause... Sierra and I lost the baby." Luke immediately broke down into tears, he latched onto Michael. They didn't know he was going to tell the crowd. They thought he was going to keep it private, they were wrong.
Ashton went up to the microphone holding back his tears; "thank you for sticking by us. We love you and we need some time to be able to mourn the loss of our niece. Please keep Luke and Sierra and their daughter in your thoughts and prayers."
5sos cut the show short. When Luke got backstage it was like everyone was already showering him in sympathy and love. He appreciated it.
Michael made sure that Luke made it home safely and he asked him if he wanted anything and all he wanted was to be able to see his wife. Michael understood. Luke thanked Crystal for staying with Sierra for the day.
Luke walked into the bedroom Sierra was laying on her side facing away from Luke. "Hey" he said. "Hey" Sierra whispered. "I shouldn't of left you. I should've stayed with you. I felt guilty all day." Luke pulled his shoes off and began unbuttoning his shirt. Luke quickly got undressed and changed into something more comfortable he quickly climbed into the bed, kissing Sierra on her temple. Sierra turned over this time facing Luke, she grabbed his hand so she can hold it. "Luke.." Sierra trailed off. "What?"
"Luke, am I a bad mother?" Sierra's started to well up with tears again. His heart broke at Sierra's question. "No, yOuRe the best mother ever." Luke responded.
"Please don't ever think this is your fault."
"I should've been more careful...." Luke hated that Sierra was blaming herself.
"Please don't pin this on yourself." Luke was starting to get upset again.
"We have to be strong, we're going to get through this. I promise." Luke and Sierra cuddled up with each other all night until they fell into a long slumber.
It was going to be a long time till they feel normal again.