Decisions

"Hey! Snap out of it!" Shikamaru noticed Choji's voice after snapping out of his daydream just in time to jump out of the way of one of their opponent's tails as they swung wildly around, knocking out many of his comrades. He snarled slightly, annoyed with himself for getting so sidetracked, and by a girl no less.

"Thanks, Choji." Come on. Get your head out of the clouds. You need to come up with a strategy to get rid of this thing before- Just as he started to focus, his father's voice interrupted his thoughts. Speaking to him from headquarters, Shikaku informed his son of an impeding strategy, and their impending deaths. A look of shock was replaced with pain as he heard his father speak, telling him that if his plan didn't work, he and Ino would inevitably have to take over the reins as the brain of the ninja alliance.

When he opened his eyes, he saw his blonde haired teammate, frozen in shock before him. The world seemed to go quiet as a purple mass shot over them like a comet and illuminated the sky when it struck the building that served as a base for headquarters. The silence was broken by Choji, who could find no words other than his best friend's name. "Shikamaru..."

"We're in the middle of a war," Shikamaru growled, still attempting to bury the pain from suddenly losing his father, "So, don't waste any words on me... or on Ino." He watched as Ino wiped the tears from her eyes and straightened herself, seemingly ready to fight again. "We have to do what we have to do... just like Dad said."

After painfully swallowing their grief, Team ten assumed formation, ready to initiate their predecessors' plan while Inoichi and Shikaku's words rang through their heads.

"Never forget that we live on inside of you... forever."

"Don't forget."

______________________________________________________________________________

"Now then, Sasuke... What next?" Sasuke stood, his head flooded with memories of his older brother after listening to the past Hokage's explanation of Konaha's history with the Uchiha clan. It took him a moment to answer Orochimaru's question, but he eventually looked down at his younger sister then back to Hashirama who was seated in front of him like a true storyteller.

"I'm going to head to the battle field." Sasuke finally spoke, causing Sakaria to smile wide. "I won't let the village and Itachi become nothing."

Sakaria's smile was joined with Hashirama's as he stood, "It's decided! Tobirama, prepare to fly us outside."

"I'd love to use flying raijin, but I'm bound right now." Tobirama responded. His brother, suddenly remembering the person who'd resurrected them, turned to face the group before him again.

"Orochimaru was it? What will you do now?"

"I believe you said earlier you'd stay with Sasuke, didn't you?" Sarutobi spoke to his former pupil, hoping that he would stay true to his word for once.

"Of course. We shall accompany him," Orochimaru confirmed. Despite his soothing tone, Suigetsu, who had been standing by listening just as the rest of his group had, objected fearfully.

"Jugo! Are y-"

"I'll go with them too. After all, it's my duty to protect Sasuke," Jugo interrupted, looking down at his squeamish friend.

Suigetsu's words caught in his throat as he looked over at Sakaria who was still standing faithfully by her brother, a look of admiration in her eyes. An unconvincing grin crossed his face. Four mighty zombies and three monsters!? If I tag along, I'm gonna die for sure...I'm making a break for it when I get the chance.