Suprises

On the way to the school Jessi was going crazy in my head. Will you please calm down, what's going on?

I don't know I'm just really excited to go to school today! She tells me running around in my head.

Really? She wants to go to school? She's never like school before, she would rather be out on a run or up and doing something, not sitting in a classroom. When we get to school there's a lot more vehicles then last time. We go up to the front of the parking lot parking are bikes. There's at least fifteen other bikes already parked. I admire each one as we walk past them towards the school. Goddess, I want another bike.

"Come on Sweetheart, we gotta get to class. We can come out during lunch and look at the bikes if you want." Ash tells me taking my hand in his and walking me to the front of the school.

"Really can we go on a ride during lunch?" I ask him

"Sweetheart, we're not supposed to leave school property during lunch." He says begrudgingly.

"Please" I ask using my puppy dog eyes and stick out my bottom lip, know he wouldn't be able to resist.

"Ok, but just this one time" he says trying to act like he didn't give into me.

I place a kiss on his cheek and we head into school, heading straight to class. We take our seats at one of the empty lab counters right before the bell rings.

The teacher stands from his desk. He looks like he's in his forties but judging by the power surrounding him, I'm guessing his much older and most likely a two century old warlock with a earth element. Wait, since when have I been able to figure all that out by just looking at someone?

You're becoming stronger! We must be close to our other mates! Jessi tells me wagging he tail back and forth.

Strong? You mean I'm going to get more powers! Is that even possible? I ask here a little freaked out.

Calm down, we'll be fine she tells me like it's no big deal.

"Earth to Kels" Mason waves a hand in front of my face. "You in there?" He say with a chuckle.

"Yeah, sorry what did you say?" I ask him

"We're picking our lab partners for the year. Can me and Dylan join you and Aiden?" He asks.

I look at the guy standing next to him, who must be Dylan "We have English and pack leadership together right?" I ask recognizing him.

"Yeah, I'm a little bit of a brainiac so I skip a year of school, that's why I look so young." He rubs the back of his neck looking down. Is he nervous talking to me.

"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. You're smart. Own it man!" Mas tells him slapping a hand on his shoulder.

"I guess it's just weird being in the same classes as my brother." Dylan says shrugging. And this girl seems nice, I don't wanna mess it up. I think we could be friends. But she seems really powerful, I can feel her power rolling off her in waves.

Shit! I forgot to do my spell this morning. And did I just read his mind? "Excuses me I'm going to go my locker." I tell them standing from my seat. I quickly ask the teacher to go to my locker and walk out of class.

Why didn't you remind me? I scold Jessi.

Duh! I was to worried about meeting our mates they're here, let's go find them! She says eagerly.

No! We have to go hind my powers before anyone else realizes. I tell her walking into the restroom. Luckily, no one else is in here, I quickly preform the spell. Is there any other powers you would like to tell me I have? I ask Jessi in an aggravated tone.