She Left?

"Princess you ready?" Arron asked as I finished up in the bathroom.

"Yeah" I walk out to see his struggling to clasp his watch around his wrist. "Here let me help." I tell him taking the watch and easy clasping it around his wrist.

He let out a sigh "Thanks" he said with a tight smile.

I withheld the laugh that wanting to come out at his inability to hide his stress. "Alright, what's bothering you?" I ask

He looks at me for a moment before looking away looking around the room "I'm just nerve." He vaguely explained. I crossed my arms telling him I wasn't moving until he told what's really bothering him. "Fine. I'm worried about what your dad's going to say to us. I don't know what he wants from you and I'm scared of what he'll think of me as your mate. Happy?"

I couldn't help but giggle at him, and the smile that graced his face told me he wasn't mad. "Please, you know him better than I do. Don't act like a complete idiot and he'll have accept that I'm happy."

"Come on, your his only daughter. Just because you don't know him doesn't mean your not his little girl. And his the king, no one's good enough for his little princess."

"Yeah, but we don't know how unpredictable his actions are. What if he attacks me because I look so much like my mother?" I ask

The anger in his eyes flared at the thought. "He won't." He gritted out.

"Alright" I place my hands on his chest and he encircles me with his arms around my waist. "We should get going if we're going to talk with Charles. And don't worry about my father, he'll love you."

"Ok," he says with a small smile. "Let's go." He takes my hand and lead us out the door.

This palace is bigger than I though we had to go up two more staircases and down this never ending hallway to get to his office.

"I wish Josh was here." I say quietly but Arron's hand tensing told me he hear me.

"What!" He ask pulling me to a stop

"Charles pisses me off and Josh is really good at calming me down when I don't have all three of you guys around" I shrug

He shakes his head with a smirk growing "You're going to kill me before I'm thirty by saying things like that."

"Sorry," I say continuing down the hall.

After we stop in front of a pair of double doors Arron turns to me "Just promise you won't kill him?"

"Fine" I say dragging out the word "Way to take all the fun out of it." He gives me a pointed look making my hands go up in surrender "I'll behave as long as he does"

He nods then knocks before opening the door. "Uncle, I hope this isn't a bad time we wanted a word with you before breakfast." Arron said switching to his professional alpha voice.

The beta's chaotic office was covered in papers and trash spread across the room. His tousled hair told me he's either got up extremely early or never went to bed. His sleek appearance from yesterday ruined; his suit jacket removed and his tie completely undone. Along with his sleeves of his dress shirt rolled up and the top two buttons undone. He moved a large stack of papers not even looking up from his disaster of a desk. "Not any busier than usual. What can I do for you?"

"Actually, Kelsie's the one who wanted to talk to you." Arron explains

Charles freezes and after a moment sets him pen down to look at me "My apologies, please take a set what can I do for you?" He asks regaining his professional attitude.