Why?

AN: TW for self-harm

(Bakugo POV)

I can't go out there. Not wearing my hero suit. This suit, why is it so tight? I've always been super self-conscious over my size. Wearing this though, it just makes it that much more visible. Why is my waist so tiny? Why is my chest so big? Why do I look so feminine? Why me? Why do I have to feel like this? Staring at myself in the mirror, I see everything. I can't wear my binder while training. No binder plus tight hero suit equals me being super self-conscious. Dysphoria's kicking my ass right now. I can't go join the class. If I do, they'll all know, they'll all know I'm a girl. They'll know my secret. I can't go out there. Not only does this hero suit show off my feminine body it also shows all my scars, the old ones, and the new ones. I could change out of it and explain to All Might that the suit is too tight and go ask the support teacher to fix it. Looks like that's the end of my perfect attendance record. I don't want my classmates to see me like this. I feel horrible, I just want to cry.

Closer to the beginning of the school year I used to change in the normal change room. I would wait for everyone to leave then I would quickly change. Once I started getting closer and making friends with people in my class they would wait for me so I would have to make up some excuse and change somewhere else. Yesterday we got our new hero suits so All might and Aizawa gave me permission to change in a private change room in the teacher's lounge. My classmates are probably wondering where I am, and you know what? I don't even care anymore. I don't care about anything anymore. I don't even want to leave the change room, I just want it to be over, all this pain. I just want to be a real boy.