#33

Dear God,

I was in consciousness for about 5 minutes.

'Jesse, I love you. But I think my time is now. And I want you to promise me one thing.' I spoke fast. 'Try and move on. Lead a better life. You can do better than this.'

Jesse just shook his head, tears streaming down his face.

'I love you,' he gasped, 'and I've never loved anyone or anything as much as I love you. Don't leave me, please, don't leave me,' he begged, his voice cracking several times, as he held my frail body in his arms and cradled my head.

Hannah was also in the room. I took her small hand in mine and told her to be strong, that she was going to be okay. I said goodbye to her, and told her I was going to be with my sister. She nodded and gave me a hug, before she was ushered out of the room by a nurse.

'Jesse, I love you too. So, so much. And we will be together again soon. I swear. Stay strong. Always.'

And those were my last words.

To him. The love of my life.

Those were my last words before the heart monitor beeping beside me slowed down, and then flat-lined.

Those were my last words before everything went black.

Those were my last words before I died.

I'm ready to meet you, God.

Love,

Mackenzie