#29

Dear God,

Jesse and I took Hannah to see The Fault In Our Stars.

I met Hannah in the children's ward a few days ago, remember?

She suffers from severe anorexia, poor thing.

I had to fight the doctors and nurses, and even Jesse to get them to agree to letting me take Hannah to the Cinema.

They said I should stay in my bed. That going out wasn't healthy for me.

I told them that I had a week left. And that I want to make the most of it, instead of spending it in a dingy hospital bed. I fought and thrashed and argued until my heart monitor started beeping rapidly and they finally agreed to let me go if I calmed down.

When they agreed, Jesse bought Hannah to my room.

I sat her on my lap and told her I had a surprise for her.

They way her eyes lit up when I told her we were going to see The Fault In Our Stars made it all worth it.

I can tell her parents don't take her out much. They're too busy walking on egg shells around her , afraid she might crack, to remember that she's human too, and that she deserves to have some fun once in a while.

After the film, we went to McDonalds and then to the Town Fair.

I won us all matching teddy bears and we went on a bunch of rides.

My favourite was the Big Wheel, because it reminds me of my sister.

Jesse carried me on his back back to the hospital, because I was too worn out.

But honestly, today was perfect, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Love,

Mackenzie