yellow eyes

The second part of Red skies 

Virgil turned around with a start at the sudden noise,but before he had a chance to respond he was being pushed to the ground.Sharp claws pushed his forearms into the cobbled floor in a painful position.His vision grew blurry,but before fully passing out one image became imprinted on his vision.

Piercing yellow eyes.

****************************************************************************************

Virgil awoke kneeling on the floor.He was kept in the position by chains on his wrists and ankles.He shifted with a groan to get a better look at his surroundings.The room he was in  entirely of stone that looked to be quite old.It was built in a rectangular shape though, he noted that one corner looked to be distinctly deeper as the shadows it encased were much more complete. 

'Were am I ?Virgil thought to himself,but before he had a chance to really think about it a movement caught his attention.

A creature with the piercing eyes he remembered from his attacker stalked out of the particularly dark corner with a low growl.It looked him up and down as though searching for something.A weapon Virgil realized.

Virgil took this moment to really look at the thing before him and it didn't take long for him to realize what it was.

A human.

Or at least some odd variant of a man as the creature before him was not entirely human.The man looked fairly young,only seventeen at most .Atop his head was a large witch hat and beneath that wisps of fiery red hair peeked out messily covering on of their eyes.

The dragon witch.

This was not the horrible monster he had imagined,he looked almost cute with the annoyed frown that graced his lightly freckled face though he wouldn't realize this until much latter as he was currently more concerned about his life. After a few minutes of the red headed guy was satisfied with his search of Virgil the look of annoyance sifted to confusion and to Virgil's surprise fear.

"I swear I don't have any weapons I swear!"

Then to Vigils even bigger surprise the chains holing him in place clank to the ground.A bright glow appeared on the wall and with one swift motion the boy beckoned Virgil closer and passed through the stone wall.