A new ending

Sooo this is kinda a weird thing to write but I thought I might try it.So you guys have probably read a fanfic that goes something along the lines of this. Roman says or does something and Virgil is hurt by it. Virgil decides to commit not alive But he  survives ,All the sides (especially Patton)angst about it and then Roman and Virgil get together, the end .

But I had a thought ,what if it didn't end that way.So I had decided to write my own ending that I hope is more unique and romantic !

Let's begin.

Trigger warning: past mentions of suicide, bandages , and crying 

********************************************

His head hurt.

   There was a loud pounding behind his eyes and a ringing in his ears.Why did he feel this way?Virgil couldn't remember.Slowly the pain began to disappear allowing for Virgil to focus on his surroundings.He felt soft fabric underneath him,making Virgil feel more at ease.He opened his eyes just a crack letting in the bright light shining through the window.His window.He was in his room.Slowly but surely he propped himself up into a sitting position , experiencing pain in his hands and arms while doing so. Once fully upright he looked down at his hands to find the source of the pain.

   His wrists were wrapped in a mixture of gause  and sports tape.Tinges of red peaked through the impromptu bandages.At the sight the memories of the night before came rushing back to him in a flash of red and black.

Oh.

   He shook at the thought of what he had tried.Now he had a decision to make.It was obvious by the fabric around his wrists that the others had found him.Should he ignore it and pretend it never happened?No they probably wouldn't let that slide.They were probably so mad at him.Poor Patton was probably a sobbing mess right now, though it gave him an excuse to hug Logan so he was probably not handing it that badly thought in reality he was unsure of how the others would react..At least he knew there was one person he didn't have to decipher.

Roman.

   Virgil was almost absolutely sure Roman would have barely noticed he was gone,probably chalking it up to him being antisocial as usual.It was almost comforting to know he had The theatrical boy pegged.He was sure that he held no surprises from the princely side.

Virgil was wrong.

   Virgil decided that it was better to face it sooner rather than later and began the perilous task of getting out of bed.This task took far longer than he would have liked to admit but once he was on his feet he made his way down the hall fairly easily.Once he neared the main room he heard the hushed whispers of his fellow sides echo down the hall.The spoke in mumbled tones of not wanting to wake up their friend with their worried chatter as he needed his rest to heal properly,little did they know Virgil was just around the corner waiting for the perfect time to enter and cause the least amount of disruption. 

   Finally Virgil couldn't wait any longer, he rounded the corner and entered the living room sending it's occupants into a sudden silence.They stared ,waiting for some sort of signal that it was okay to speak.

"Hi.." Virgil said warily, awaiting the angered responses he had prepaid himself for.

...but instead he was pulled into a hug.

   A comforting hug that smelled of grass and running water.A hug that told Virgil everything was going to be alright.The hug Virgil had revived though was too sudden for him to fully process the provider of the comforting embrace.He fully expected to open his eyes to find Patton's cardigan or even Logan's  Polo but instead he opened his eyes to find red. After a moment of his eyes adjusting it came to him.

He was being hugged by Roman.

   And to his surprise he liked it.He probably would have enjoyed it more under different circumstances but nonetheless he liked it.It was an oddly gentle touch considering the others rather brash personally .The way  he placed his head in the crook of Virgil's neck was also quite adorable though he will never admit to how red it made him turn.     

   The longer he stayed in the embrace the more little things he noticed,like how  soft the stiff looking prince uniform was to the touch ,the interesting smell the prince's hair have off and the way the light in the room seemed to bend around him.

Or the fact that he could feel the tear that were silently rolling down Roman's face .

    And this shocked him.Why was he crying?.But what shocked him even more was what the words that next came out of the creative side's overly perfect mouth.

"I thought I lost you..."