Chapter 6 : A Shattered Heart of Void

Hollow woke up still thinking about the kiss (on the cheek) and the strange feeling he had from Dryya, during breakfast, his mother sensed that Hollow isn't feeling how he usually feels, but in a good way "Hollow, are you alright" she said, but Hollow stayed silent, she tapped Hollow's shoulder as Hollow snaps out of it, she asked again "I'm fine" Hollow answered unsure of his answer, when he finished breakfast his mother saw his plate with a slight doodle of Dryya. During training when Hollow spared with Dryya, he was more vulnerable, Isma suspected this "it was just like what happened with Dryya, but different" she thought to herself. She wanted to know if Hollow was okay, so she asked him "Hollow are you okay? I saw you in the arena and you were more vulnerable then usual" She said worried, "I'm fine, I...just didn't get much...sleep last night" he said" as he went back to the palace, Isma sensed that he might be lying, but she wasn't sure why. Hollow and his Girlfriend (one of the mantis lord) made an agreement to meet in Greenpath, Hollow walked there to Greenpath and sat on the bench, waiting for his loved one to come, The mantis lord came and sat with Hollow, Hollow noticed that Lindsy (the mantis lord) has been unusualy sad, so Hollow told her a little joke to cheer her up, she did, but became sad again after, "Hollow, you know I love you right?" Lindsy said with a sad tone "yes, I do" Hollow answered, "I must be sincere with you, but, I don't think we should be together anymore, my sisters don't except you to be the one I'll be with, they said that if we refuse to not be together they will wage war against the other kingdoms, I'm so sorry Hollow, goodbye" Lindsy said as she ran away while crying Hollow grabbed her hand but she let go, Hollow felt his void heart shatter as he sees his love run away, he felt his legs trembling, he felt weak, like as if every spark of energy he had left burned out. Hollow went back to the palace and had dinner with his mother, she suspected that Hollow is quite and sad so she asked Hollow if anything was fine "Hollow what's wrong" she asked without getting a respond, Root during the whole dinner tried her best to start a conversation with him, but failed every single time. Hollow was laying on his bed with no intentions of sleeping, he sat at the edge of his bed with his mind flooded with sadness, his hand covering his eyes, his teeth grinding and tears flowing through his cheeks, His mother was walking in the halls when she heard the soft sound of Hollow crying, she walked to Hollow's room to find Hollow covering his eyes with his tears dripping from his eyes while he grinds his teeth, Root aproached him and sat next to him, she put her hands on hollow and gently pulled him to rest on her lap while stroking his head "what's wrong my son" she asked, Hollow's crying intensified "alright you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but trust me when I say that everything will get better" Hollow uncovered his eyes and looked at his mother, she wiped away his tears, Hollow smiled a little "thank you, mother" he said as he hugged her she left Hollow in bed, suddenly the child opened the door of Hollow's bedroom, he walked up to Hollow and hugged him, Hollow stroked his head and went to sleep with the child.

Hollow was walking in the forest when he saw the child holding on the cliff then everything got dark and Hollow became as young as the child, Hollow saw his father walking out of the door from the mysterious room so he followed him, he looked back at the child and saw the child fall down. Then he woke up, he was looked at down to his arms and saw the child "it was just a nightmare" he thought to himself as he strokes the sleeping child's head, he puts the child in the bed, carefully trying to not wake the child, he got out of bed, sat at the edge of his bed, trying to get his mind straight, he's still isn't over about the break up but at least he's starting to feel a little better, he saw the child open his eyes, "good morning little guy" he said as he hugged him and put him in his shoulders, Hollow does his morning routine with the child, he goes to the garden to pick some flowers, the child helped Hollow by picking the small ones, then they go to the shrine and puts the flowers in the vase, then they went to the castle bath pond, the child was having so much fun splashing around the water and playing with the bubbles, at one point they had a little splash fight, after the bath, Hollow got dressed in his knight armor, Hollow decided to change the child's clothes, so he dressed the child with his old clothes, "hmm now I'm looking at a mirror from the past" Hollow thought to himself, the child lifts up both his arms, signaling Hollow to lift up the child, he puts him in his horns and they went to the dining room, Hollow caught up with his mother "good morning mother" he said to his mother while walking with her in the halls "how are you feeling?" she asked "I'm feeling a bit better" he said "I see you've found your past self in between your horns" she said while giggling "I think so" he said while giggling a bit. Hollow and his mother made it in the dining room, they waited for the food to come, Hollow puts the child down to his seat, the child keeps adjusting it's seat to fit more comfortably, Root noticed it and it warmed her heart a little, not only his appearance is similar to Hollow when he was young, but he also acted like him. "Hollow, are you sure you want to train? You we're not in a good state of emotion yesterday" she said with concern, "no, I'm fine, I can't...let my emotions get...the better of...my duties" he said as he left the dining room, the child got off from the seat and followed Hollow to the knight's arena.