7- Shady

1 month later

3rd person op:

You cringed as you walked down the streets, praying you're not recognized by your now hundreds of thousands of fans. Why did Alastor want you to meet him out in the middle of the woods?

you kept walking, the tattered shoes you'd found in a dumpster clapping against the sidewalk, as saw as the battered apartments turned into small, cramped-looking shacks. Poverty seemed to be a rising problem in hell.

*Bing*

You looked down as another message popped into your inbox.

Alastor: 669667638646

You: Al?

Alastor: I'm still working out this mobile-phony thingy

Alastor: Where are you deer?

Alastor: I'm starting to get bored.

You: Patience! I'll B there soon

You chuckled to yourself, you'd only just bought Al a phone and wondered how he'd gotten there before you. Looking up, you spotted the clearing where you'd awaken, And saw a slim figure standing atop it. "Hurry up Deer! We haven't got all day!" you heard his voice call out to you. "Lucifer, Al" you said, already adopting the Hellish slang, "I'm coming!"

"Today we are going to try and retrieve your memories!" he said once you got close enough. "My memories?" You said looking confused. "Of how you ended up in Hell, How you died, And so on!" Alastor responded cheerfully, "Just lay down exactly where you woke up, and concentrate! Think of the thing that could get you sent down to hell! If one makes you feel warm and happy, imagine yourself doing that act! It should help shake them loose, my Deer!"

Well, It was worth a shot, you thought as you sank into the sweet-smelling grass and closed your eyes.

(Y/N P.O.V) Flashback:

I started thinking of the first thing that came to my mind- Murder

It gave me a little tingle, but not anything like Alastor had described, so I moved to the next one on my mind- Sexual assault (I think you guys know what I mean by this)

Nothing. not a peep.

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I'd been holding.

A third thought popped into my mind- Serial killing

I felt a warm sensation start down at my toes and work its way up into my ears, leaving a hot tingling behind, And I felt my muscles tense up.

I was walking down a darkened hallway, and I felt cold steel pressing into my hand. I walked further until I came to the only door in the hallway with light shining under the door. I could hear the laughter of children and the sound of a baby cooing from behind the oak panel.

I reached up to the door knocker the had been drawn on with crayon and gave two short quick knocks.

"I'll get it honey!" A male voice called out. I stood there while the door opened and hid the knife behind my back.

"Hello? Is there anything I can help you with ma-" I saw his mouth open in shock and pain and I felt hot crimson run down my wrist. I pulled the knife out of his abdomen and slashed him across the throat.

I stepped around the twitching corpse and walked down the hall.

It was Christmas time.

Paper snowflakes were taped to the walls and candles burned in their lamps.

"Who are you?!" A woman cried out before seeing the blood staining my clothes. I saw her mouth open. As she let out a scream, two small children ran into the room, took one look at m, and turned in the opposite direction, tears streaming down their fat cheeks.

I turned and looked at the woman, and she looked back at me.

I started walking towards her and she dropped onto her knees from the rocking chair, pleading with me.

I looked down at her.

And sliced off her head.

Timeskip in Flashback:

I was sitting outside a cafe across from an apartment complex as Police Ford Flatman V-8's swarmed around the building. Holding up that morning's paper, The front page screamed-

FAMILY OF 5 DISCOVERED DEAD IN HOME
The Christmas Haunting strikes again?

I reached down and picked up a glass full of dark russet-colored liquid and took a sip as I continued reading the police report.

I glanced at the date on the newspaper- 1934, Dec 27

Timeskip in Flashback:

I was running down a dark alley with icy cold rain seeping through my leather overcoat, chilling me to the bone.

my shoes sounded out on the cobbled pathway, and I heard multiple other footfalls sound behind me. I tripped and landed splayed out on the street. I lay there dazed for a moment before I felt rough hands seize my arms and haul me upright. a light shone in my eyes as I looked up

"Gotcha now Bi-"

A blast sounded to his left and everything went black.

-Back In Hell-

I sat upon the damp ground, shaking and drenched in sweat.

"So?" Al said, making me jump a foot in the air. "Lucifer, Al!!!!!" I shouted.

He barely flinched and looked at me with the same question written in his eyes.

"I-I was a-a serial k-killer." I stuttered out. "Really? Do you know what year this was?" He asked, his face pressing more concern. "Before I d-died I was reading a newspaper, It said it was December 27, 1934"

Alastor looked at me and said, "that was only a year after me, does this name ring a bell?- The Christmas Haunting?" You looked up as if your head was attached to a string. "Yeah... Yeah! It sounds familiar!" Alastor sat down next to you and began talking.

"Years ago, about 11 before my death, I heard about strange killings up in northern New York. They always happened on Christmas night, and never any other time of the year." Alastor began, "by this time I had already started my killings, and I was annoyed at another killer taking the spotlight, but I continued investigating no the less. After 10 months I had narrowed it down to 2 suspects, (Y/N) (L/N) & Rosalinda Navajo" I just sat in silence. " I thought about trying to narrow it down further, but decided, since it was up north, to just leave it to rest."

"D-do you know how many people I killed?" I asked

"57 people and 4 children" He responded happily.

"And how many people have you killed?" I prodded

"I don't know! at least 80!" Alastor said

I glanced at the woods around us, giving me the chills. "C'mon Al, These woods are giving me the creeps, lets head back "

"I'll make Jambalaya! It'll help kick all the hell voodoo* out of you! "

*what the actual fuck is hell voodoo

**happy Christmas and a merry New year!

thanks for answering! I want to give a shout out to @Flippity_flop for their suggestion to the plotline!