Cheka's Point Of View

Cheka POV
Ever since that battle, that day, the day I got my scars my life has gone to pot. All the cheetah girls ignore me or even call me names. Hofu is to busy with Rani and leading the guard. The guard members are busy doing their own thing for me to hang out with them. And now Msomi is going on this big journey with Afya leaving me to myself. When I am not patrolling with the guard I am sulking alone in my own den. Today I was awoken by Hofu.
"Hey wake up Cheka, there has been some suspicious activity over by the border reported by some zebra"
"*yawn* do you think it is Ramir or that leopard".
"I don't know".
Hofu and I met up with the guard. Jafari, Tembo, and Tai also didn't seem very awake probably because it was barely sunrise.
"*yawn* I hope it's something interesting to wake us up this early" said Jafari.
"Apparently there is some kind of animal stalking around at the border, it is unclear what it exactly but it is reported to be about the size of a cheetah".
"Got it I will get eyes in the skies" said Tai as he flew up.
"Okay Tembo you search around by the wetlands, Jafari search around the jungle, and Cheka search around by plains".
"What about you" I said.
"I will search here". I headed back to the open plain areas of the pridelands
again lost in my own thoughts.
Okay so this suspicious character is about the size of a cheetah. If it is then they will never catch them so I had better been guard.
I passed the grove outside priderock where the cheetahs spend most of their time. I know I will regret this but I asked them if they had seen anything unordinary.
"Hey have any of you seen any suspicious characters looming around these parts".
Male cheetahs liked to hang around as well and they like start poking fun at me.
"I don't know scarface the only suspicious character I see is you" said one male.
"I mean someone who is unkown to the pridelands, someone who doesn't belong here"
"You don't belong here" said another male" maybe we should run you out"
"Last I check you guys come and go so technically you not belong here"
"Oh someone is getting defensive maybe you are boys" said the females.
They began laughing at me and pushing me around.
"Face it scar face you don't belong anywhere, not with that face".
"Yeah" said the girls.
"My scars aren't that bad".
"I think you are freaking out your quite on quote grandparents, they mistake you for Scar".
"Watch your tongue fool they are royalty"
"They are also lions to and last I checked your not".
I was now at the edge of a hill.
"You should just run away and never return" the males said as they shovee me down the hill. I rolled quickly down the hill getting covered in mud. I slammed into a rock at the bottom.
"Great" I said looking at my mud covered body. I am starting to hate it here, who am I kidding it's not the pridelands it is them. They make life here so unbearable. I hopped into a near by pond to wash off the mud. That's when I heard movement. I quietly snuck out of the water and onto dry land. The movement moved out of the bushes on the other side. I carefully walked through the bushes. I peeked through to who was there it was. A female king cheetah who was slightly shorter than me lay against a rock looking out at pride rock.
I slowly stepped out from the bushes and stood behind her.
"Who are you and what are you doing in the pridelands" I said.
She nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned to face me but coward against the rock.
"I was...just trying..."
"You were trying to spy on us where you"
"No no not at all you see I am traveling with a family of very afraid mandrill their homes were disrupted by Ramir and they thought the pridelands was a safe place to go. I am escorting them but I thought the pridelands were controlled by hyenas so I scouted around trying to see if they were in danger".
"Where are they".
"Over that hill there"
"Show them to me".
We walk over to the top of the hill".
At the base of the hill were two adult mandrill with three you ng mandrill sitting at their feet.
"Okay so you were telling the truth, gahyer them and follow me".
She walked down the hill.
Soon they all came back up the hill and followed me. I decided to take them to Hofu and tell him that I found the mysterious figure.
The female cheetah walked next to me.
"Thank you for letting us in".
"No problem but it's up to the king and queen if you can stay but I certain they will let you".
"My name is Aba by the way".
"Cheka".
A silence she looked down seeming like she wanted to say more but didn't.
"You said they were disrupted by Ramir".
"Yeah him and Apol murdered a bunch of animals just outside the tree of life, my family was included in that"
"I'm sorry to hear that".
"The mandrill spoke of a safe place to go know as the pridelands, I had only known that place to ran by Kajor and his clan of awful hyenas".
"It was a long time ago but we defeated him and his brother and retook our land. The only hyenas around now live in the outlands bit they are our allies they helped a great deal".
I notice large dark almost stripes.
"Are you a king cheetah".
"Yes but most people just laugh at me because I have stripes instead of scars".
"I know how you feel people laugh at my scars".
"Cheetahs aren't very nice now a days".
"Tell me about it" I said.
We laughed.
We neared the spot were Hofu was guarding.
"Okay my brother should be up here he, I need to inform him that he call his guards searching a mysterious character".
"Again I am sorry about that" said Aba
"Don't worry about it". Hofu sat on a rock looking out at the border.
"Cheka that's a lion" said Aba tensing up as well as the mandrill.
"Don't worry like I said I need to tall to my brother, hey Hofu".
He turned and looked at me.
"Cheka who are they".
"Well I think I found the mysterious figure, this Aba she was trying to Scout our the pridelands to see if it was safe for these mandrill to enter. She heard there was hyenas here, Kajor's".
He chuckled.
"Well miss he has been dead for a very long time now, Cheka you take them to Aunt Kiara and see if she will let them stay. I am going to gather the others. See you brother".
"See you brother, come you guys".
Aba look shock.
"That lion is your brother"
"Yeah him and I found each other when we were both barely old enough to walk ever since we have become brothers. Awhile ago a lion/cheetah couple adopted us and they became our parents".
"Wow I didn't know a lion and cheetah could be so close in either way".
"Yeah I didn't a lion and cheetah couple could have a cub but we now have a cheetah lion hybrid younger brother".
"Really".
"Yeah"
"I would say that's the strangest thing I have ever heard of but I met a platypus".
We laughed. The adult mandrill looked at us both then at each other and raised their eyebrows.
"She has found what she has been seeking" they said.
"What" I said.
"They are talking crazy but I think they mean the pridelands".
"Come on we are almost there" I said. We neared priderock.
"I have heard lots about this place, didn't think I would see it in person".
"Well don't be to amazed it's just a rock"
She laughed. We climbed to the top where Kiara and Kovu stay. They sat looking out at the pride lands. Recently their daughters or our cousins vanished with out a trace. They think it was an abduction but they are older than me so I bet it was a different reason.
"Ah Cheka who do you have with you" they said.
"This Aba and a family of mandrill they were run from their homes by Ramir and heard the pridelands was a safe to go to avoid him"
They smiled.
"Well they heard right" said Kiara.
"They are always welcome here" said Kovu.
"But were will they stay" said Wazi
Everyone fell silent.
"Maybe Makini knows where they can sleep after all she is a mandrill" said Kiara.
"And Aba can stay in my den, cheetah's prefer to sleep on the ground" I said.
"Thank you Cheka" said Aba.
"Okay then it's settle, oh and Cheka don't forget to give them a tour" said Kovu.
"Right this way mandrill I will show you to Makini" said Wazi.
"Follow me Aba".
We headed back to the my den.