Silver Voices

Do leave your comments and suggestions! Love. :)

Song - Jamais Vu (BTS)

The four ran to the auditorium. Thankfully the induction for arts hasn't started yet and these four found good seats.

As per practice, the college held the academic induction during the first half of the day, and the cultural induction during the second half. Though it was exclusively for the freshers, the other years joined too because everyone wanted to watch the art students perform. It was a delight.

Jimin wanted to join the dance line in his first year. But, after what happened on the first day, followed by the bullying, he did not have the courage to go audition for it. He was thinking about giving it a shot this time.

"You should try, Jimin-ah", said Tae as if reading his thoughts. Jimin smiled. He sometimes wondered if Tae and he were just meant to be so understanding or if it happened over the years. Whatever it was, he was thankful for having his annoying ass by his side.

"Chimmy?!" Tae nudged Jimin at the latter's lack of response.

"If you audition for singing, I'll audition for the dance line", he announced.

Tae looked taken aback. "N-no".

"Okay. I won't either."

Tae stared at Jimin before he looked back at the stage.

Tae has watched Jimin dance a zillion times and every time he was in awe of how graceful Jimin was. He didn't want him to miss this opportunity. He himself wasn't a great singer but at least the singing auditions weren't out in the public, so he doesn't have to fear being laughed at by many.

A baritone voice broke his chain of thoughts.

"Welcome all!"

Tae looked up to see his school's new rep.

The guy stood tall in a black blazer, his hair golden and brushed to the side. Two deep dimples found their way into his cheeks at his slightest smile.

The auditorium cheered just at that. He has the whole college whipped, he thought.

"I'm Kim Namjoon. Thank you for joining us today. As you know, our college values arts as much as it values academics. We'll go through this quick presentation that will brief you about the various clubs we've."

Jimin tilted his head to whisper to Tae, "He literally has the whole college's attention and he did not stutter once. I wish I was like him."

Tae nodded and was about to respond when he saw someone, a few rows behind Jimin, wave in his direction. He got up a little in his seat to look at him. He waved again and was signaling Tae to call someone else. May be Rose?

Tae turned and did the same, "Rose?" he said.

Rose's eyes were transfixed on the presentation.

Tae looked from Rose to the PPT and back to Rose. He called her again, a little louder, "Rose?".

Her eyes moved but towards someone else. Tae looked back at the stage and what he saw made him smile. Rose wasn't lost in the PPT rather she seemed to be lost at the one presenting it – Kim Namjoon.

He tapped her hand as no amount of sound seemed to snap her out of her daze.

She was startled. "What?"

"Someone's waving at you.", Tae said pointing at the direction.

The kid excitedly waved at Rose again, who returned the wave excitedly.