Chapter 3: Explanation

"Your home is the safest place to discus this?" Elijah's voice had concern and all sorts of mixed emotions in it and I couldn't blame him.

'It's the only safe place I know of Eli, unless you know of a safer place" I calmly said, causing him to frown and shake his head.

"Now, what ever you do, don't mention anything about the shadow fighter attack or that we can change to a wolf to my parents" I ordered before I walked up to the front door, opening it, and walking in.

"Is that you Maddie?" I smiled as I walked into the living room where my mom was laying down on the couch.

"Yes ma'am" I answered.

"Oh thank goodness" she breathed a sigh of relief, leaving me all confused as Bliss, Ronan, and Elijah walked in, their ears perked.

"Oh, hello there" my mom said with a smile.

"Hi Mrs. Lane" Bliss cheerfully said as she waved to her.

"Haha, it's great to see you again Bliss" my mom chuckled.

"You two must be Ronan and Elijah" she said with a smile.

"Maddie's told me so much about you two." Elijah smiled as he waved to her.

"Hi mrs. Lane. It's great to finally meet you" he said happily.

"A pleasure to meet you mrs" Ronan smiled.

"Is Maddie home yet!?" I perked my ears at the sound of my dads voice.

"Yeah, I'm home dad" I called in response. Soon enough, he came walking into the living room, worry filling his face.

"What's wrong? Why do you two seem so concerned? Has something happened?" Mom and dad looked between each other before dad turned the volume up on the TV.

"Latest report of a dog found dead in the park. Officials identified him to be a part of a group of dogs calling themselves the Shadow Fighters who have been terrorizing the dogs of this town. Authorities are suggesting that dogs stay in their homes as much as possible and to walk your kids to school as we don't know what these dogs could do." We were all frozen in fear and silence when my dad turned off the TV. We all remained silent as no one knew what to say.

"I'm sorry Maddie but I will be walking you to school tomorrow. I gave a weak smile as I looked at my dad.

"That's no problem dad. I would love to have you walk with me to school." He slightly smiled before I looked between him and my mom.

"My friends and I will be upstairs if you need us" I said calmly, not sure what else to say.

"Okay, have fun" mom said before I nodded and started walking upstairs to my room, Bliss close beside me and the boys behind us. I walked upstairs, my ears perked till I stopped at my door where my little brother, Timothy was standing, his tail wagging.

"Mads!" I smiled and laughed as I saw him rushing over to me.

"Hey little bro" I chuckled as I nuzzled him, a smile on my face as my tail wagged.

"Can we pway? Please?" I kept a smile on my face as I spoke calmly.

"I'm sorry Tim, but not now. I need to have a serious conversation with my friends." Tim frowned to this answer, making me feel so bad.

"But, once we are done, I promise I'll play with you" I said with a smile.

"Promise?" I nodded.

"I promise." Tim smiled brightly, nuzzling me again before he went to his room, his ears flopping up and down as he ran, his tail still wagging. I smiled as I watched him till he was in his room.