FOURTEEN

"Kiddo you gotta be prepared for what's coming."
My eyes shot open form the sound of my fathers voice. I slowly sat up, but I didn't feel kaiden next to me.
"Damon?" I called out form the room with no reply.
"DAMON!"
the bedroom door swung open almost hitting me.

"You okay ?" Damon asked with kaiden on his hips. Without thinking I took kaiden from him and snuggled him into me.
"Nahara?" I opened my eyes and Damon was confused. I would be to if someone wakes up yelling like a mad man.
"What's going on?" I realized he was shirt less and bed hair but no morning breath. Guessing he's been up for some time now.
"I-it's nothing" he brushed my hair behind my ear a bit then stroke my cheek softly.
"You can tell me."
Looking up to those calm red eyes.
"I think my fathers in trouble."
"But Riley said-"
"Yea yea I know just I have this feeling that things aren't really as the seem to be."
"Go on." Crossing his arms with his muscles on full display ,so I sat at the end of the bed. Did he start back working out or something?
"I think we should go home damon."
"Why ......your happy here, you said you wanted time away from the kingdom."
"I know it's just I'm worried about the kingdom and that's the first time plus I have to find dad."
He only nodded his head. "Okay, I'll get Nat and Cody up ready to pack."
I nodded.

Damon POV:
Before leaving the bed room I threw on a shirt , it didn't even match my pants but hey she wants to go home then let's go.

Just before I made it out the house mason came into view.
"You look like shit."  He handed me the usual brown bag that held our breakfast. As the pack leader he wakes up before the sun does and checks on every wolf.

"It's seven in the morning douche and by the way  we're leaving."  He looked confused and hurt at the same time.

"You don't wanna stay any longer?"
Shaking my head trying to walk off down the street to Nat and Cody's flat.

He was trying his best to keep us here why is that?

"What's gotten into mason ?"
His eyes squinted "what do you mean?"
"Your tryna keep us here for why?"
"Oh so you've noticed." I slowly nodded.
Taking a deep breath he pulled me closer to him. "You know I don't swing that way." He rolled his eyes "I like pussy trust..."

"I think-"
"Yea?"
"Well I know-"
"Just say it already"
"You can't tell anyone damon."
"Who the fuck would I tell?"
"Okay okay.......The moon goddess gave me another 'mate'"
My eyes widened.
"Shut the fuck up, congratulations man"
I went in for a hug but mason being mason he pushed me back.
"Not great dick head may I remind you of last time."

It's been four centuries already I would  expect him to move on. His pregnant Luna died from an ambush on the pack one night , he haven't been the same since then . He works out everyday , ignores woman, but overall his number one priority is his pack and I think it's about time he try to get his foot out the door .

"Mason I'm telling you this as a close friend , what happen to Lisa," the sound of her name seeped through to him as his muscles tensed up.
"Was terrible and we both wish it never happen but my friend you have to try
again."

With clenched jaw he responded "I'll just break the mating bond." He started to walk off "now why would you do that this is a blessing."

"Because SHE doesn't even look at me....it's like I'm there but she doesn't even look up , she can't feel the pull like I do it doesn't effect her because SHE IS NOT A WOLF."

Mason gulped at the last part. Not a wolf but he only started acting weird when we came back from the diner meaning it has to be someone in my crew of course it can't be nahara ......could it ? I was not about to share her with no one, I don't even share what's mine.

"How would the pack react to a Luna who's not even a wolf?"

"Who is she?"
He sighed placing his hands on his lips.
"Mason."

"Natalie."