THIRTEEN

Talia POV:
Yes of course we have over another six thousand soldiers added to the army, that's far more than expected.
'That's good when does the background checks come in?'
They just came in today actually.
'Good'

It's been a week since Damon left and I swear for liaison sake ,being in charge was a drag. I don't know how he even manages it.
The halls were filled with the recruiters and commanders. We had to break down and go through everyone's back ground. If we saw anything fishy they'd have to go.
So I walked down to my studies on the east side of the castle to get the rest of the forms mind you only seven hundred were supposed to join now we have to hire a ripe reader, a person who can read up to one thousand words at a time hopefully that'll help settle who's going and who's staying.
Standing in front of my door I heard someone voice ,rather small whispers. I looked down to see they picked the lock and broke in.
'Riely get here now'
I mind linked her who knows it could have been Ava or one of the new soldiers but I had my money on Ava after all we are at war with her.
I walked in to see a clothed man in all black and a white mask covering his face.

I immediately pulled out my dagger.
"A dagger really?"
That voice I know I've heard it from someone ....but where?
"I forgot you were always the weak demon princess who barely had any magic."
"Fuck you. "
I ran towards him with weapons in hand only for him to throw me across the study using telekinesis.
My back hit the book case harder than I expected.
"Enough of this already-"
Riley came in seeing my state she then looked up at the unknown man.
"Thank god you came I was seriously about to get my ass kicked even more."

She laughed with me or more like at me.
My head began to slowly pound I removed my hand from my head and drops of blood fell down.
"What the-"
I looked up to see Riley....smiling? She stalked towards this man without leaving eye contact.
"Riley?" I questioned her actions.
She finally made it to his side on for her hands to slow moved up and down on his chest until she reached his mask.
His masked soon dropped.
"Calvin Reed ?" Or new recruiter I'm guessing he ain't no damn soldier. I knew this was risky business having a damn recruitment for soldiers.
My heart was beating faster then before.

Did Riley just betray us?

"I think you know by now that that's not even close to my real name."
He slowly walked close to me then squatted now that we were eye to eye.
"I'll give you a hint.....rikers pond ,old man William gates."

"Hmm Leon ....new face?" And here I thought he was locked up in that damn vampire dungeon.

Leon was the brother to Ava and ex soldier of Stygian army. Ancient warrior he took out over one thousand men.

He smiled....that wicked smile. His fist immediately met my soft rosy cheeks.
"I always did hate that mouth of yours."
Did this motherfucker just punch me. I soon held my swollen cheek in my hand.
" Riley....?"
"She can't really hear you, you see its called-"
"Take over magic right because there's no way she'd ever join Ava."
"Precisely."
He walked over to Riley.
"Now she was the best and hardest one to take over. She fought like a mad woman. After she left our dungeon we tracked her down to that silver clan. Of course she struggled but soon I was able to get into that blocked up mind of hers but that
white walker had things in his head you'd never expect to know."

White walker?
"Where is David ?"
He shrugged his shoulders with a stupid look on his face. "Once we got what we needed from him we dumped his body well what was left of him."

Nahara.
She was worried about him for some time now and now that I know .....she won't like this nor her mother.

Riley eyes were pitch black .......I was happy to know she didn't turn on us but how come we never detected it? She was acting so normal her usual self.
"Her brain is truly beautiful and who would have thought I could do what I wish with her." He slid a piece of her hair behind her ear then slowly kissed her and obviously she kissed him back.
"Your a monster....using her against her will.. and for what you did to David."
"Yea I know."
He looked at me ,his eyes turning a  sunset orange color. "It's time you joined the ex royals...."

I may be a weak demon , but I sure as hell wasn't stupid, I needed to get out of here.
"Yea well I think I'll just stay a royal...besides you and Ava weren't  necessarily 'royals' she married into royalty if anything your both nothing but commoners."

"SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BITCH-"
He never did know how to control his anger. I needed to regain my strength but I need time. Shrugging his comment off."I've been called worst."
I made a portal behind me causing me to fall backwards into the unknown.
.........................................