EIGHTEEN

'So, start from the beginning."

             •Riley POV•
"I-"
I couldn't form much of a sentence let along a word.
Here I was being questioned buy the king himself.

"We were training , by the usual cabins ..... their were so many shadows Damon." I looked up to him with worried eyes. I could also feel the raging demonic energy coming from him. He was trying his best to stay calm I could tell that much.

"Riley, take your time okay , I just need to know what happen."

"Right, after the attack we were in some dungeon what felt like years. David broke his leg trying to fight them off so many times. "

He only nodded taking a deep breath.
"I tried days to make a portal but their was things blocking my powers. When I finally made one I was lost in the woods not that far from where ever we were located."

"Do you remember what it looked like , the place you were in?"

"Well ...it was um.... like it was under ground well some parts of the place and ughh it was somewhat a castle but not like ours this one had ancient ruins , things like the wall and the gate you could tell it was there for longer than a century.  I was soon captured by Leon days later , that's when I felt open , vulnerable like my life more like my body wasn't my own anymore. He dug into every memory I tried to forget. For months I've been screaming but no one could hear me."

He walked closer to me , baring my face in his chest as he rubbed my back. By this time tears were falling on their own. I could no longer hold it back.

"Riley, I do apologize. If I could have detect it I could have saved you sooner and as your king I'm responsible for what happen to you."

"It's not your fault , it's nun of y'all. We're at war Damon and the things I've seen in his damn head ....things I've watched him do.... I can't even stomach it."

"Do you know what their planning?"

"Somethings are still blurry-"
That's when my body instantly stopped remembering something more like someone...
"Damon." I looked up at him as I gestured him to take a seat. He only looked at me weird and I couldn't find my self to say the words. I wondered how it would sound when I tell him

                  "Loriella's alive."

His face dropped with no emotion.
"Riley dont-"
"No damon , I saw her with my own eyes. Just because I was under Leon control does not mean I didn't see anything."

He stood pacing back and forth untying his tie. He's confused as I would to no one wants to hear that their deceased child isn't even dead and well alive.

"W-when and how long have you known this?" He looked at me with worried eyes.

"Two months now , I saw her with Ava they were talking at some big round table."

"C-could you k-know show me her?" His face was serious and I can tell he was fighting something. I quickly nodded.

*•DAMON POV•*

Alive as in , she was somewhere breathing , eating ...living a life without me by her side. And yet... to believe her mother knew all along and used her name as an excuse to start a war for my goddamn throne. How did she even lie about the corpse? I saw her lifeless body laying in her bed.

I placed my hands over Riley head then closing my eyes as I slowly searched her mind until I can across what I was looking for .. Her.

'Lola Bear'

'Lola Bear'

My first born ,she had her mothers eyes and her smile let along she had my hair color and were those my eyebrows?
She looked at peace and her smile was brighter than any sun. She grew up beautifully.

Realization soon came back she'd be what fifty now

Realization soon came back she'd be what fifty now. And I can't believe I missed her 50th birthday. (A/N she's half demon meaning she ages as her father which in demon years they live up to five hundred years. Fifty is like the new eighteen.)

My eyes open as Riley smiled at me and I smiled back. I didn't know ...by this time I was crying. Tears of fucking joy. My daughter is alive.

"But what I saw last was devastating." She said
"Well I mean not to me but she's with Evan as in together...."

"Evan as in waren brother?""What other Evan do you know

"What other Evan do you know....but what's the plan?"
She stood from the hospital bed and only stumbled down.

"Sorry haven't really walked on my own for some time now."
"The plan is that you stay in the bed you need to rest." Of course she protested but I soon helped her back into the bed.

"By the way Riley , thank you for telling me."

"That's not something I'd keep to myself Damon and um." She looked down at her nails picking with them.

"How's nahara, is she alright?"
"Yea she's fine she's been sleep for some hours now that's all."
"She's really powerful Damon , she spoke an ancient spell and I'm sure her aunt didn't teach her that spell plus I know they want her and mainly her out of the picture."

"Trust I knew that much..."

"How?"
"She's the powerful witch in the prophecy, Ava gonna try her best to kill her. Which is why I came to a conclusion."
"That is?"
"Once all this is over I'm taking back my demon blood making her just a witch."

"But wouldn't that kill her ?"
"....that's the thing I'm not sure but if I plan on staying around longer I'm gonna need it."

"What do you mean stay around longer where are you going?"

"As I would have thought she told you, I now have three years left to live, well they said not to count on the extra years."

"How-"
"Just....don't bother that's another chapter for another day." Her small smile faded  as to what I just told her.

It's true my time is close to an end and I feel it every day.

If I'm not careful it could be,

                        "Any day now."