SEVENTEEN

David pov:

"Ughh" holding my head while I slowly rose up. I took in my surroundings as I were laying in a cave with bandages around my waist and legs.
I saw something moving in the far corner and shit was I to weak to even try to use magic.

Laid next to me were a small dragon dagger I slowly took it in my hand ready to throw it until I heard that sweet angelic voice.

"You'd throw that at your wife?" She didn't even turn around nor was she faced my way.
Taking a deep breath "woman." She laughed lowly with me following in behind her.
She came close  placing her head on mine then taking my bruised lips into her own.

"How'd you know ?" I asked taking a small bowl of food from her.
"Your forgetting we're linked and I knew something was up when Riley came home saying you wanted a break from the human realm. Plus it's not like you to leave me and nahara for this long."

"Yea we were ambushed during our training week in the normlands not that far from that damn vampire clan. She left but I don't have any information on her whereabouts."

"She's with nahara."
"Then why haven't they tried looking for me and how damn long was I out?"
"Riley I presume got caught , she's not her self from what mother told me and I found you by a river bleeding to death it's been a week since you've been out.It's a good thing I came."

"And what of nahara , kaiden ,Natalie ?"
"Calm down, kaiden is with mother and the girls are with Damon. They can take care of them selves."

"Thank you, my love." She stared at me for longer than 10 seconds.

"I thought you'd died David." Small tears fell from her soft cheeks as I kissed them away. "I tried to many times , different  spells positions so many ways to bring you back but I-"
"Hey hey, I'm fine look I'm breathing you know it'll take more to kill me and besides , I've been in worst pain before."

She nodded and I took her hands in mine. My beautiful soul mate worried for me and it was the sweetest thing in the world to know she'd come to my side,

And I loved her for that.

Talia POV:

"She fried Leon's brain."
Damon had ordered Leon to be sent to the royal hospital but in a special cell as well.
Whatever happen to nahara caused her to tap into her demon side and she went full cray cray.
"But how did she fry his brain from Riley and not the others ?"
I asked him while he eyed Leon unconscious body.
"My guess their ties were deeper than the rest. When she fried her brain it did something to him."
"You mean he shares half his mind with Riley?"
He nodded.
"That's ........risky."
"Not really he thought Riley wouldn't recover on her own. He was going to trap her for the reaming of her days."

Damon POV:

A low knock came from outside then the door opened.
"Doc." Damon greeted her.
"The young man is still unconscious right now but everything is normal he'll be fine."
Cody made it out but he was badly injured. Natalie didn't leave his side not once. That caused mason to trip. He didn't even wanna go back to his pack knowing she was by Cody side and not his.

Right now I have four unconscious bodies.
Nahara ,Cody , Riley , and Leon. I needed information from them but fuck I needed them awake.

"And for Riley ?"
"Riley  suffers from her brain being fried and nahara well she's fine she used to much magic."
"I've never seen anything like that, is was like she was a complete different person."
"I've seen that before." Talia and doc looked up at me.
"This happen to dad , his eyes were white as the moon , nails long and silver but his entire body was black not just his hands."
Taking a deep breath
"Mother told me he drew energy from the dark side of his demon powers , something demons rarely did."

"Wait." She said taking a look at Leon"
"What?"
"Doc do you think it'll be ok if we memory hunt?"
That's actually a good question.
"I'm not sure since the wound is still fresh you could be harmed as well."
She looked at me.

"No talia."
"But Damon , this could be the chance to find out what  alverna is planning."
"It's to risk-"
"For once Damon , just once I'd like to help . I'm tired of being the useless demon princess." Her eyes bright with pleading . It's true she's been weak since birth.

"Okay ....but don't go to far and if you need a break come back or I'll pull you out ok?" She nodded
Talia walked to the bed where Leon was laid and placed her small hand over his hand.

Memory hunt was something she was good at , searching someone's memories in order to find out what happen. I used the same technique on nahara when meliorate was under attack. We use to use it only on criminals back then for trials but stopped since you can die when you go in and its hard to come
back you'd be trapped in their memories for years or forever if you weren't mentally strong.

Her eyes turned purple meaning she successfully made it in.

Doc bracelet went off.
"Rileys up."
"Fuck".
I had to stay here and watch her but I needed to question Riley. Meomohunt could take a whole day.
"Shit"
'Natalie get to the room with Leon'
'On my way.'

She arrived in a few minutes breathing heavy as she was just down the hall.

"Watch her. If she gets hurt you pull her out okay? "
She nodded.

           "Now it's time for answers."