four

『 S E O U L — 2019 』

🥀

"Here. Watch his reaction."

The young waiter, Bogeum, nodded and disappeared with the plate. He looked petrified, I felt sorry for him. The boss must had put too much pressure on him, I couldn't imagine how he'd feel to serve a five stars class celebrity. Although I'd actually like meeting Kim Seokjin ; the man was dreamy and his voice sounded like an angel's on TV, I wondered how he'd sound in real life.

Twenty minutes later, the young waiter came back with a proud smile on. Obviously apprehending the singer's opinion on my dish, I stared at Bogeum in silence.

"He loved it!"

The other cooks clapped their hands as I sighed in relief, feeling prouder than I had ever been before.

"Wait for it–" Bogeum quickly added "he wants to meet you since you were in charge of the main dish!"

Suddenly, I felt overwhelmed with happiness. Kim Seokjin was just a singer, not a well-known chief, yet his taste for my cooking skills meant a lot. After spending such a shitty night and an emotionally hard day, there was finally something good that came out of it. Out of exhaustion or in heat of the moment, I broke down in tears.

~ ~

"Hey, feeling better?"

Hoseok patted my back, appearing in the alley behind the restaurant. Sitting on a pile of empty wooden crates, I'd silently stargaze all alone. Ten minutes had passed since my breakdown, I had to get back to work as soon as possible.

As an answer, I nodded.

My coworker sighed. He seated right next to me and pressed my shoulder in an attempt to be comforting.

"You know you can talk to me (y/n), huh? You're not the type to cry over some random celebrity's comment. What happened?"

I wasn't going to reveal him any details of my miserable married life. Hoseok had always been caring and supportive ever since I knew him, yet I never really talked of my relationship with anyone. It remained a touchy subject. I was scared of saying too much and ruin whatever we had. Also, I was ashamed.

"I feel weird these days." It was true though I couldn't tell him why. "But let's not talk about it, please."

Hoseok sighed, probably disappointed that I still wouldn't open up. Despite it, he tried to ease the tension by joking about Kim Seokjin wanting to meet me in person thanks to my cooking skills.

"He's still there by the way! It isn't too late to say hi."

I stared at my colleague for a few seconds, silently wondering whether I should go and introduce myself to the singer or not.

"You have nothing to lose, just go. Boss will be proud!"

Five minutes later, I was weirdly standing in the restaurant, surrounded by tables and hungry costumers. I made my way to the isolated one, usually meant to welcome groups of six people and more. As I stopped right in front of the table, the four persons who were seated raised their head, curiously staring at me. I forced a smile and bowed, noticing the singer who was right before me. His face was no joke, he looked even better off-screen. Stunned by his marvelous features, I accidentally left out a squeal as his gaze met mine.

I could tell he heard it by the way he smirked, but he never mentioned it.

"Good evening, I am chef (l/n). Thank you for enjoying the meal my colleagues and I have cooked."

With his smooth and pleasing voice, Kim Seokjin responded. "Nice to meet you chef! I just fell in love with your cook and your looks."

🥀

Happy New Year everyone! 💕