ten

🥀

🥀

『 S E O U L , 2020 』

Eyes brimming with tears, I struggled to remain impassive and explain what had happened without flinching. I didn't want to cry.

"I came home from work around eleven thirty, exhausted." I insisted on the last word, making sure to meet officer Jung's eyes. "We had a fight the night before because someone—Jin, the man with who I came—called on my phone."

I saw the officer's brows furrowed a little. Still, he kept quiet.

"My boss gave him my number, I didn't want to, but he did. Anyway, he called me that night while my phone was in the bedroom. Jaehyun happened to be resting there, he was drunk. When my phone rang, he picked up the call and heard a male's voice, so he became crazy."

'What happened?"

"He slapped me. Then I started crying and he was yelling me to stop, continuously slapping me. Eventually, he kicked me in the stomach and—" I sighed, trying hard not to break down in tears. There were just too many people around, I could hardly concentrate. "Huh, I fell on the floor and—and he left."

Suddenly, I felt strong hands pressed on my shoulders. Jin's musky cologne entered my nostrils, causing me to relax a little. Officer Park addressed him a nod.

"Do you want your friend to stay during the rest of the questioning?"

I turned around, spotting the man's encouraging smile. I smiled back and shook my head no.

"That's okay, I can deal with it on my own." Thankfully, Jin took it nicely and left. "So, back to five days ago. I went home and saw him lying on the couch and watching TV. I ignored him, walking straight to the room. However—he didn't let me."

Officer Park nodded.

"He gripped my arm and forced me to lay on the couch. I tried to push him back, but he's too strong."

"Did he hit you again?"

I pursed my lips, suddenly looking away. "He was choking me; he did for a few seconds. It felt like eternity. When my face was pale enough to worry him, he released his grip and started to plant sloppy kisses all over my face. At this point, I was crying with no energy left to fight back."

"I'm sorry to hear that Mrs.Kang. Nobody deserves to be treated this way." I could tell he wanted to comfort me by the way his eyes shone bright "What happened next?"

"He tore my dress apart and..." words seemed to remain stuck in my throat "it got worse."

"Did he sexually assault you?"

My throat got dry, itchy. "He r—ra—" Just like that, the whole scene played in my head. I saw his body hovering my shaking one, his piercing eyes showing nothing, but carnal desire mixed to madness and a true will to hurt me. I breathed in, still shaken by the events. "He raped me, yes."

~ ~

"You are kind, so kind."

Jin addressed me a playful smile, but his expression quickly darkened when he glanced towards my house.

"Are you sure about that? I don't mind coming with you."

I shook my head. "No, it'll make things worse. I'll just go in, pick up my stuff and leave. He isn't supposed to be home, I'm sure of that."

It was still early, Jaehyun should be at work. I stepped out of the car under Jin's cautious gaze, saddened by the sudden distance. Oddly, I had a bad feeling about this. Maybe he should come with me? I turned around to check on him and noticed him raise his thumbs up. Why am I panicking? I just have to pick a few things, then I can leave. With those thoughts running through my mind, I walked to the main door. Just to be sure no one was home, I glanced at the windows one last time. The blinds were closed.

I carefully unlocked the door, caught off guard by the strong scent of alcohol filling the house.

"Hello?" I yelled, turning the lights on

No one in sight.

I sighed in relief and made my way to the bedroom, noticing empty bottles all over the corridor. I shrugged it off, finally reaching the room. Surprisingly, Jaehyun had left the blinds open here. To evacuate the displeasing smell, I opened the windows to allow fresh air to penetrate the house.

"What the hell..." I muttered when I saw some of my underwear scattered on the bed.

It gave me goosebumps. Who knows what he had been doing with these? I shook my head in disgust, quickly picking a few things from the cupboard, and several clothes from the dressing.

But then, my body froze following the sound of steps growing closer.

"Long time no see, baby."

🥀

A/N : I'm working on a new book, a chose your path type of story, I don't know how you call it English 😅

The book will feature Reader, her sister and BTS' members, the male protagonist being Jimin.

I'll publish the first part once the Embrace yourself series is done. The story will be different from my published books, between angst and horror. Stay tuned for more, I'll keep you updated!