eight

🥀

🥀

『 S E O U L, 2020 』

"He raped you (y/n), is that what you're trying to say?"

Eyes brimming with tears, I wouldn't dare cross his intense stare as negative emotions burdened my scarred heart. Guilt, because I haven't been strong enough to resist him. Shame, because at some point, I stopped fighting. Disgust, because he toyed me. Disappointed, because I'd always be weak.

Jin spoke with a soft yet demanding voice. "Please, talk to me. We don't have to talk about last night, but I need you to tell me how you're feeling right now." he sounded surprisingly comforting "I hate seeing you so sad."

"You don't even know me..." I kept my voice down

The singer tilted his head on the side, inspecting each of my face features with his brows furrowed. Eventually (and before I'd faint under his intimidating gaze), he cleared his throat and nodded.

"That doesn't mean I won't help you. You seem like a nice person and—I'll just admit—you cast a spell on me. Before you ask, I'm not doing that to get in your pants."

I coughed, surprised by his choice of words. He ignored me.

"You're trapped in a dangerous relationship, dangerous for both your mental and physical health. Now that I'm aware of that, I can't just pretend not to know. What kind of human being would I be?"

I bit my quivering lip, still unable to make eye contact. Nevertheless, Jin's reaction somehow had a positive effect on me. Someone else knew, I was still lonely, but not so much anymore.

"Thank you." was all I could say before the waiter appeared with my scrambled egg and Jin's fuming bacon slice

~ ♡ ~

Prior to my breakfast date with Jin, I had packed a travel bag with some clothes, my toothbrush, and my phone charger. The bag stayed inside my car. I was terrified at the thought of crossing Jaehyun's path. I'd rather sleep in an unfamiliar hotel room for days than spend the night at home without even being able to close my eyes in case he would cause me any harm.

Thus, I was sleeping in a hotel for about four days now. Four days since I haven't heard from my husband, four days since I slept alone but most importantly, in a safe place.

It was Tuesday morning, and I didn't have work that day. I decided to eat breakfast downstairs while talking to my father on the phone. To avoid him calling at my place, I had to tell him I wasn't sleeping there. He knew Jaehyun and I had issues, but not the nature of those issues. He'd kill Jaehyun if he knew. Well, perhaps that was a good thing.

"Madam," a young waiter appeared next to me while I was filling my plate with some pancakes "would you like some hot drinks?"

He looked really young, perhaps in his early twenties. I kindly smiled at him, endeared by his innocent looks.

"Some green tea please."

He nodded. "I'll bring you that"

Two minutes later, he placed me a small teapot on my table, followed by a charming smile.

"Thank you—Jungkook." I read on his nametag

His smile grew wider. "My pleasure madam, have a nice meal."

I was about to pour some tea in a cup when my phone began to vibrate, shaking the table. I picked the call.

"Good morning (Y/n)! Did I wake you up?" Jin's excited voice echoed from the cellphone

I chuckled. "Not at all. I'm having breakfast right now."

"Good! I was wondering if you were free today?"

"Huh, yes?"

I could almost see his grin. "Alright, we could meet."

"What for?"

"I was thinking of the police station. You could file a report, it might be useful."

🥀