Side Story: Letters From Muichiro

An side story that took events somewhere after Muichiro and Y/N parted.

I had writers block and i am in a holiday so sorry for slow updates. Enjoy this chapter~♡

"Promise i'll write"

Y/N didn't break that promise. She hates lying and when a promise is made, a promise is done. Fuyusaki told her that writing or drawing helps with frustration and stress.

So she told her events and training from the cultivator to her very first friend. He will always write back with simple and formal letters delivered by a stubborn female crow.

Dear Y/N

How are you doing?
Even though i have trouble remembering things, i cant seem to forget you.
I'm glad i didn't. I finally got to be a demon slayer.
I believe you are much more stronger than me and you'll make a better kisatsu or even a hashira.
I also kept the flower you gave me. Thanks to Kocho i am able to give it proper care.

-Tokito Muichiro

Another letter has been delivered by his crow.

"Caw! Caw! A letter for Y/N-sama from Tokito-sama! A letter for Y/N! Caw!" The crow gawked from the window.

Y/N gladly untied the letter frow the crow's feet and gave it a little pet on her head. The crow loves getting pet.

But the feathered fellow is impatient. When she delivered the letter to a sleeping Y/N, she would peck the demon until she wakes up. Of course, Fuyusaki didn't like that so she retrieves the letter instead.

Dear Tokito

I am doing fine. Fuyusaki-san's training is simple and relaxing. She gaves the best advice. If you have time feel free to visit. I wont be able to slay demons until i am able to control my emotions. It will be hazardous to the demon slaying corp if i let my emotions loose.
But if we get the chance to meet again, i would like to chat with you.

-Y/N

The airhead boy isn't aware of Y/N's true identity. He doesn't bother to ask her. He respects her space and story and will let her open uo when it is the time.

According to Amane-sama, i am the descendant of one of the strongest swordsman in history. Thats what drove me into demon slaying before i lost my brother. I heard you are already skillful on swordsmanship.
I can say i am impressed. I believe you'll be a pillar in a short time.

When Muichiro has freetime, he'll try to find paper and ink to tell his events on being a demon slayer. Of course his poor crow gets annoyed that she has to deliver letters again in such a far distance.

That is true Tokito. I already master swordsmanship at a young age.
Though to become a pillar you have to at least have 50 demon kills or killing an uppermoon am i correct?
Im sure you'll already gain those requirements.
Also, since summer has arrived, i drew the morning glory blooming on my cultivators garden. It reminded me of the first time we met.

The female demon sometimes add sketches of flowers or landscapes near Fuyusaki's house.

Muichiro quickly rose the rank as a pillar only at a young age. Of course,
Y/N is impressed. After receiving those news, her heart cant help but feel jittery and her cheeks turn rosy warm.

I received the news you became a pillar. Nothing else to complain but i am impressed. But other than that i am proud and happy. I knew you could become a strong pillar considering you are a year younger than me.

I wish we could meet again soon

Muichiro read the final sentence from his female friend. He clutched on the letter and can't help feeling the butterflies in his stomach fluttering around.

"Tokito! Is that another letter from yoir dear friend?" The flame pillar's voice booms.

Muichiro's blank face flinches and quickly stuffed the letter to his pocket. Ah, now he remembers. A couple of pillars invited him for lunch. Well, insect, love, flame and serpent to be exact.

"Eeh? Tokito-kun has a pen pal? Thats unusual.." The love pillar rested her head on her palms.

"We met at Oyakata-sama's mansion..she sorta helped with my memories..." The mist pillar explained.

That surprises the love pillar and she can't help but a wide smile expanded or her pink lips.

"Its a girl Tokito-kun??..kawaiinee! Then you two must be close!" She fangirled.

"Well yes we are..." Muichiro lazily replied.

"Sugee..Even when Tokito-kun has amnesia he seems to remember her.." The insect pillar leaned her head and smiles.

Maybe Muichiro regretted bringing his dear letter to a group of adults. Well he is the only kid in the group.

"Is she the one who gave you the Asagao?" The insect pillar asked.

Muichiro nodded and bit on his sushi. The love pillar squels and gasped and the insect pillar giggled. The serpent pillar doesn't seem to be intrested in the topic so he continued to feast on his meal. But when the love pillar burst out her energy he can't help but glance at her.

"Such friendship! Then she must be someone you dearly protect right?" The flame pillar chuckled. Muichiro only nodded.

"Nee, nee! Can you describe her?!" The love pillar questioned. Muichiro can't help but slightly but feel quiet.

"Cold..mysterious..she speaks a few words. Sometimes distance herself.." Muichiro dug deep in his memories. He remembered.

He remembered her kind and gentle behaviour. She sometimes get awkward but its only because she doesn't often socialize. He remembers her calm gestures and soft voice.

"Sounds like Tomioka-sa-"

"She has thick raven locks. She likes drawing and reading...her handwriting is neat and simple. Similar to novelists." He pulled out a letter from her and one of her sketches which he savoured.

"And her eyes...they are plum red..its charming and ruby-like..like gemstones that are usualy placed on crowns"

He remembered her. A boy suffering from amnesia seems to remember his first friend.

"Sumimasen" Muichiro stood up and left his fellow pillars. They called for him and asked what's going on but he ignored them and left.

"Hmm...she sounds like a better version of Tomioka-san.."

"Haaah..I really want to meet her.."

The boy arrived to his home and sat alone on his porch. He gaze at the sky which sunlight struck through the clouds. His eyes softens and closed. He pictures a girl with raven hair wearing western clothing and a beautiful black haori.

In her palm is what seems to be a white letter and a simple flower.

He woke up from his daydream and walked to his room.

Y/N, i can't seem to forget you. I don't want to forget you. Memories are fading away from me and i often forget who are my fellow pillars. I often gaze at nothing but when i look at the sky and flowers, i can see your face. I don't even know why....

Is it because i miss you?

Muichiro called his crow and asked to deliver one of his letters to his friend. Before he could tie his letter, he checked his writing for mispells and grammar error. Then he read the final sentence he wrote.

He never sent the letter. He is far to embarrassed that he hid the letter.

Meanwhile with Y/N, she kept the letters from the mist pillar in a little wooden box.

And cherished them like treasures.

"Please never stop writing till we finally met again"

The two teens whispered coincidently.