Chapter 4: To Dream or Not to Dream

Remember when I said I really hoped this wasn't a dream? I take it back because the creature before us looked like he wanted us for supper.

The monster known as the Bandersnatch let out a fearsome roar just as several red looking knights snapped very much like playing cards came running at us.
I grabbed Alices hand and we started running in the opposite direction and I slightly cursed my size as my dress dragged along.

I glanced behind me to see red knights with nets scoop up flamingos that ran beside us, then chained the dodo bird We stopped at a cross rounds and saw cards from all angles running at us.

I whipped my head frantically around and saw a narrow path up ahead
"Hurry this way!" I shouted dragging her along.

I saw the white rabbit then get captured by a net and a strong urge in my told me to help them. As if... as if it was a my job to. But there was nothing I could do. I wasn't a fighter and I wasn't even the right size!

However my internal argument with myself was paused when my best friend did something beyond stupid.
"Wait." She stopped in her tracks causing my to almost fall cause our hands were still connected.
"What the bloody hell are you doing!"

"It's only a dream. Nothing can hurt me."
She turned around just as the beast was running straight towards us trampling everything in its path. My heart was racing in panic as I tried dragging Alice by the arm but she firmly stood her ground.

"Alice! Stop being a stupid girl like the caterpillar said! Even if this is a dream I don't want to use this creature to find out!"

The creature came to a skidding stop and let out a very large roar in our faces spreading its whole mouth.

Well this was the end.

"Run you great lugs!" I heard a voice exclaim and before you knew it the Brave little mouse had ran all the way up the beast figure to its head.
She pulled out her needle and stuck it in the eye pulling it out.

Our eyes widened in shock as the creature cried out in pain and accidentally scratched Alice's arm.

She shouted and I finally grabbed her uninjured arm and we sprinted away through the forest of mushrooms, the Tweedles coming out of no where to follow us.

_____________

It felt like eternity before we stopped running. We were clearly out of the forest because well, everything around us seemed dead.
We came to a stop at a twisted stump with two branches pointing down two roads.

We were both panting and I turned to looked at Alice's bleeding cut.

"Alice that doesn't look good."

She looked down at it and grimaced
"We'll worry about it later. Let's just figure out where we are going."

"Snud or Queast?"

Suddenly the twins grabbed Alice's hands again and tried pulling her in different directions and bickering on where we should go.
"Boys! Bickering at this point won't do us any good! Now let her go and let's-"

Just when I thought that I was done with new, strange, fearsome creatures, a loud chilling sheik filled the air. We turned around and a large menacing bird with long feathers and a red head, swooped down towards us talons bared.
"Duck!" I screamed tackling Alice to the ground

"That's not a duck that's-" Dee couldn't finish his sentience as the bird swooped down and grabbed him and his twin.

My heart sank as they were taken away flying off in the distance till we couldn't see them no more.