Chapter Thirty - Three.🟢

"You weep, young prince, why is that?" a kind voice called from the darkness.

He kept his head down, knowing who it was.

"Kings do not shed tears you know, they remain ever brave and strong." the voice came again.

The prince sniffled when he felt something warm by his side. He opened his eyes to find lord Septimus with a torch in hand. He loved the warmth it brought, unlike the gem stones that just glowed.

"What type of king am I to be Lord Septimus?" the prince asked.

He sat up. It had taken being defeated by a mere squire in training for him to rin to his room.

"The Queen says I am weak." the prince said.

"Well, are you?" Lord Septimus asked.

He placed the torch at a holder he turned back to see the stern look on the young Prince's face.

"I am not!" he exclaimed.

"Very good, as for what type of king you should be, a fair and just King is what the people need?"

"Is my father fair and just?" the Prince asked after a while.

"Forget about your parents and emulate the gods alone for they shall show you the way."

The Prince looked up to the roads. Even with the trees above them, he could tell the sun was setting. Darkness would be upon them soon. He prayed in his heart this was the right thing. Emulate the gods he said. They shall guide you, he said, but where in the name of the gods was he?

"How long till we reach the gates?" Prince Zachary asked.

He strapped on a dagger to his thigh while his entourage stopped for the night. They had been on the road for days now, taking minor breaks. The Prince wanted nothing more than anything to be rid of this trip. Looking at the bright side, he had never been to Koyores and there was still a lot he had to learn of his people.

As a child, they taught him about the districts of Trevillia, but he never saw them himself. Lord Septimus had promised to take him once.

"Should we leave at the crack of dawn, we could arrive at the castle gates before midday." A captain reported.

"Make camp, night draws near." he replied.

The prince walked away from the men a little further into the forest. Turk noticed the Prince's drift from his protection and followed closely behind. The Prince may have had years of training from the best warriors, but that was all it was 'training'. He was yet to experience war, and he was to him still a child.

All that aside, this was new territory to him. He did not know what the people of Koyores were like. On the way here, he noticed the Prince was in deep thought more often than most.

"I am yet to find him Turk," the Prince said.

He found a fallen tree hold and sat on it.

"I started all this in his memory and I cannot help but think he's dead."

"Do not lose hope, my Prince. You have much responsibilities now it seems. You now appear more mature." Turk teased.

"It is very unfair that you can stare up such things at a time like this." the Prince said with a smile.

"The gods forbid My prince that you remained the kid who couldn't tame a horse." He snorted in response.

Turk picked up a twig amidst the dry leaves and pulled out his dagger. He sat beside the Prince he and scrapped off the dried bark.