Chapter 1 - Oliver

It's been weeks since my face off with the archer in black. I no longer need a cane but some moves still hurt.

I need to go back to 100% and even better. That guy beat me down hard.

Usually, I'm able to beat my body enough to help my mind focus but I can't stop thinking about my confrontation. No matter the exercises I do, flashbacks of the fights keep haunting me. My concentration is lacking to the point my arrow miserably miss the tennis ball that I just tossed.

Of course, it's the moment Diggle arrives and knowingly look at me. "How are you doing? Rehab going good?"

I hesitate to answer, not wanting to go on the subject I know he wants to talk about. "Any news on Walter?"

He swings his arms a little in frustration. At least I know he doesn't like the situation either. "My contact at the bureau struck out. Same with my guy in Interpol. They both say the same thing."

Yes. I know exactly what they're saying. "Either my stepfather doesn't want to be found or somebody doesn't want him to be."

"It's been six weeks Oliver. No contact from the kidnappers. No ransom demand. No proof of life. I hate to sound-

"Diggle" I stop him and nob "We both he's more than likely dead."

As I pass him, he asks me the very question I'm asking myself right now "What do we do?"

"I don't know" I answer truthfully "Even my contact in the bratva can't dig up a lead"

"I wasn't talking about Walter" Of course he wasn't. I didn't answer so he adds "Back to fighting weights looks like. Last I checked there were more than a few names to cross off of this book."

Really? He wants me to continue with the list? Now? I turn around and face him

"Those people aren't going anywhere. With Walter missing, my family needs me right now"