Chapter Four

Silverdust stood in the corner, watching as the others talked amongst themselves. She had been banned from going on any missions by not only Ratchet, or Optimus, but by Ratchet, Optimus, and Heatwave. She couldn't even help Cody at the computers, which annoyed her even more. All she wanted was to help out, as she was assigned to do, but her Uncle, Sire, and leader wouldn't let her. She couldn't even go scout for energon, the most mundane job there was. And it frustrated her knowing that they were starting to run low and she couldn't do the one thing she knew she could.

She sighed softly, and started the platform, catching Heatwave's attention. "Where are you going, Dusty?"

She growled softly. Not only had he been watching over her like she was some sick puppy, he had also started calling her that infernal nickname. She blamed Bumblebee for that, since she had been talking with him when Heatwave entered, hearing Bumblebee call her Dusty.

"I'm getting some air", she snarled, glaring at the red mech. She looked away from him, missing the crestfallen look on his face as she disappeared. She exited the firehouse, and stared up at the sky that was beginning to dance with many colors as the light faded. She sighed before punching the ground.

She wasn't just some femme that would sit around and do nothing, like all those femmes she knew back on Cybertron. She hated how they acted and wanted nothing to do with them.

Taking a deep breath, she looked back at the firehouse. If Heatwave caught her, she'd be in big trouble. She scoffed. Since when did she care about what that overbearing, hotheaded, lovab- she shook her helm, growling softly. She jumped up and transformed, her form sleek and hidden in the darkness that had succumbed the island. She flew away, over the island, her scanner on alert for any signs of energon. She caught one signal and started flying towards it. She landed at distance, knowing that she only detected it when it was above ground. She silently moved forward, and peeked around a tree only to see several Decepticons milling the area. She noticed they were all vehicons, except for one. One very familiar seeker. She growled softly, recognizing the mech she had grown to hate rather quickly. She knew her team needed energon, and Starscream was very easy to scare so that meant that her mission would be easier.

She took a few steps back before an idea came into her mind. She was fast and her blades could slice through a vehicons neck cables silently. Her colors were dark enough that she wouldn't be easily seen unless the moonlight shined on her silver plating. Taking a deep breath, she transformed her servo into a sharp blade, the end of glinting dangerously in the night.

She darted forward, slicing one vehicons neck before hiding behind some rocks. She kept still, watching as the vehicon fell over, bright blue energon spilling onto the ground, and a loud thump filled the air.

Just as she suspected, Starscream scrambled backwards. She chuckled quietly, and watched as he whipped around, his back to her. She darted forward and sliced three more Vehicons open, letting their energon spill to the ground before hiding behind trees, rocks, sometimes even another vehicon.

She continued to do this until there was only Starscream left. She smirked, and crept up behind him, gently running her digits across one of his wings before gripping it tightly.

"Run", she whispered, and shoved him away before darting and hiding behind some rocks. She watched quietly as Starscream ran off into the forest, before flying away quickly. She chuckled to herself before entering the cave, and finding plenty of energon for the taking. She quietly set a signaling device that would alert the Rescue Bots to the mine's presence, and left the area. She cleaned any energon off of her in a stream in the forest, watching as the blue blood disappeared into it. She knew it might poison some animals, but she found herself apathetic to that knowledge.