Chapter Five

Heatwave's digits scrambled to find the right buttons as he contacted Optimus. He stared up into the screen waiting, and waiting for a response. There was none. He tried again. Nothing. He growled and punched the floor.

"Slag it all" he growled. "We need to get her back!"

Chase put a hand on his friends shoulder, but was immediately slammed back into the wall as Heatwave turned his rage onto the blue mech.

"It would be advisable for you to calm down Heatwave", Chase said calmly. That only angered Heatwave more.

"How can I calm down?! They, they, ugh!!" Heatwave walked out of the communications room and into the main part of the bunker where the Chief was waiting.

"Heatwave?" Chief Burns asked. "Care to explain wait happened?"

Heatwave fumbled over his words. "There were... so many dead.... so much energon... and then... she's gone... she's probably dead... we have to find her!"

Everyone looked confused except for Blades, who had been there. Blades sighed before gently leading Heatwave away from everyone. "Heatwave... why don't you go rest? You've done enough for now... we'll find her."

Heatwave turned his optics down, afraid to tell his friend what he was feeling. Blades only smiled.

"You don't have to say anything. We already know what she is to you", Blades spoke. Heatwave frowned.

"It's only been a few days. Why do I...? Why am I so attached to her?"

Blades smiled but left his friend to ponder, knowing he needed it before going to recount what had occurred the human and Autobots.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Silverdust struggled against her chains, but she was getting nowhere. She frowned and turned her helm downward, her optics losing focus. She just wanted to be back with the Rescue Bots. She didn't know how long she had been gone, but she knew she wanted to see Kade, and Cody, and Graham. She wanted to see Dani, and Chief. She wanted to see Blades, and Boulder and Chase. She wanted to see Heatwave. She knew why, she just didn't want to admit the fact that her spark was drawn to him, and him only. She hated it so much. But she knew all the stories of how you only have one sparkmate and yadda yadda yadda.

She fought back tears, knowing he wouldn't except her for what she was. She may be the daughter of a Prime, but she was no saint. She was Ghost, a deadly assassin that killed only in the night time. She only went after energon mines, so they would be easier for Ratchet to locate.

She heard the door open, and looked up to see Megatron in his full pride and glory. She glared at him, fighting back the tears that threatened to fall.

"What do you want with me?" she snarled. Megatron smirked, and gently raised her chin up with a sharp digit, looking directly into her optics.

"Hmm. Such a pretty color. Too bad it's the wrong color", Megatron snarled. He let her helm drop before not so gently scraping one of his digits directly underneath her optic. She winced, knowing it would leave a scar.

"Let me go!" she snarled fiercely.

"Not yet", Megatron smirked. "Knockout has some testing to do. He needs your energon for this testing. So don't mind if I spill some for his tests."

Megatron then scraped her side, allowing more energon to drip. Silverdust hissed in pain, fighting back a pained cry that would give Megatron more satisfaction.

"Perhaps you will be useful in telling where the Autobot base is", Megatron sneered.

Silverdust glared at him. "I'll never tell! I'll never betray my family! Not like you did!"