XIV - Captured and Running

Bronya

After I walk in the door and see Calvin, I just sort of ditch Alena and Annushka, and follow him. I probably should've been with my fellow Red Rooms but I'm not and now I am in trouble. The last thing that I remember, is drinking with Calvin and his friends, which isn't a good idea. But I also remember walking outside, and then going back inside. And after going inside, I went upstairs, and now here I am.

In a bed with some clothes on, and a Calvin attached to me. I try to get up, but I can't. Calvin's grip is way too hard for me to worm my way out of. But at the same time, it's nice, and comforting. Something that can keep me safe, and also keep me from leaving and completing my mission. Which probably is something I should be worried about. If we did what I'm pretty sure we did do, it would be so easy to turn him in, but if we don't, then this would be a story to get me in the lead of the mission.

I lay there thinking for about an hour until Calvin finally decides to wake up. I pretend to have been asleep the entire time. "Morning Bronya," Calvin says to me as he lifts his arm. I snap my body around and look at him square in the eye.

"Where did you hear that name, and when did I give you permission to call me that?" I ask him trying to keep my cool.

"You told me that was your real name. Plus, you told me everything about your mission, and how you might have developed feelings for me," Calvin explains standing up. I try to move but when I did, I get electrocuted. "Yes Bronya. I know everything about the Red Room, why you're here, and that you're a spy. How touching. An agent catching a spy. Anyways, if you try to escape, or move, you get shocked, and don't try to sneak your way out of this one. Everyone means what they say when they're drunk, and tells anyone anything. You're stuck Semenov," Calvin informs me.

I glare at him in disgust. There really isn't any way out of this except for battle, but I can't fight at the moment. I also can't really try and manipulate him since he called me out on everything.

"Ok so you figured out what I am here to do. What are you going to do about it? Kill me? Turn me in to the police? Huh?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes at me.

"Bronya. I'm an agent. Specifically for the DIA or Demigod Intelligence Association. But after I've seen what you can do especially with luring my twin sister to be kidnapped at the age of 10? You've earned my respect. But I want my sister back. And I know that you know where she is. If you ever loved me, you would tell me," Calvin explains. He looks like he is about to start crying. I guess Caria really means something to him. Pity.

"Release me, and I will show you, but I can not promise you will make it out alive," I warn Calvin still trying to keep my facade. I think I'm doing pretty well.

"You think I'm really that stupid? I won't release you! But I'm going to take you to the DIA. There you'll have to figure out which side you're on. And only one will let you live," that is the last thing I hear before being electrocuted, and then passing out.

Alena

I find my letter from Annushka, and read through it. I almost cry. Annushka is like the big sister I never had. And I miss her now that she has gone back to Russia, and left me and Bronya behind to finish our missions, before our deadline is shortened again. I have been informed upon my arrival that I had until the end of the year to turn in Peter, as I used to have until the end of the school year. But I have already made my decision on what to do.

As much as I miss Annushka, I know that someday after either I have set my plan in motion, or my plan succeeded, she will be sent to kill me. But I have to at least try my plan once.

I text Peter and ask if we can hang out this weekend. I end up arriving at his house within the next hour.

"Peter, I have something to tell you," I tell him as I walk into his room not bothering to cover my accent. I close it behind me, and sit down on his bed. Peter sits across from me in his chair and looks at me with concern and confusion.

"I do too, but I'll let you go first. I've also noticed the accents back."

"It is but you have to listen to my entire story first before you can say anything, possibly attack me, and/or turn me into the police. Please just promise you'll hear me out!"

Peter nods and I am surprised he agreed so easily. "But first help me get rid of something." I walk over to where I put one of the cameras. I pretend to look out the window and them smash it with my hand. After five minutes, all the bugs, and cameras I placed are gone.

I sigh, and my chest starts beating heavily. Breathe, Alena, breathe. "I am not actually Allie Kejins from Canada. My real name is Alena Kuznetsov, and I am from Russia. Which is why I have a Russian accent. My mom died when I was little, and I never knew my dad, but my mom always said that me and my twin sister look just like him. I guess he may still be alive, I do not know.

"After my mom died, I was sold to this place called Madame B's Dance Acadamy, or the Red Room. There I was trained since I was four, and it was horrible. They made us think we were nothing, and in order for us to take our place in the world we would have to graduate, and that was only after we had completed a mission on our own. We were trained to be graceful in dancing, fighting, talking, walking, and killing. I can not tell you how many people I was forced to kill there. It was awful! But I was forced to do it. I did not have a choice.

"We also had to learn as many languages as possible so we could be ready for any mission in any part of the world. I know 20 languages, and all of them I learned there. Sometimes I like knowing all of the words, but it always reminds me of that place, and then I get scared because I do not want to go back, but I can not go back after today unless I wish to die.

"Yet that is not even the worst of it. After I had been chosen to go on a mission, I had to kill girls who did not make it through the program, and then had to study everything about you, the people in your life, and everything, because my mission was you. I had to turn you in so they could experiment on you, and possibly kill you because they think that you are a threat, but after I met you, I could not force myself to do it. Since I sort of, kinda.... I do not know how you Americans say it, but throughout these past few weeks I feel as if I like you as more than a friend, and if I turn you in, I would never be able to forgive myself. I do not think I could even physically do that knowing that whatever they want you for can not be good." I blush a bit, and look down. I can tell Peter is doing the same thing too. But he's also probably thinking over what he should do.

"So yesterday, when Annabeth, or as I know her Annushka, one of my old friends, or the closest thing I have-no had to one, turned in Percy, and then left, I knew I could never do the same. So if you do not hate me for everything I have told you, I would wish to seek peace in your refuge until I can kind a way to hide from the Red Room for forever," I finish. I started crying about halfway through and had to stop when I started thinking about all the death I have caused.

"It that all?" Peter asks simply. I nod. He thinks for a few minutes while I wait for him to decide what my future will hold. "Then I guess you already know my secret if you had to study everything about me, which is weird." I nod in silent anxiety. "Well you can stay, but I know a better place that you can go. It's much safer, and I think we can find your long lost family there. I don't know if they'll trust you, but since my spidey-sense isn't going off, I trust you. What I was gonna say seems like it's nothing compared to that excpet that I like you too Alli-Alena. Sorry, just getting used to that name is kinda hard. I understand in some weird way that if I, being Spider-Man, had caught you trying to harm someone, I wouldn't be able to turn you into the police. Just know that I'm here for you Alena. We should probably leave tomorrow and go to the place I was talking about. But first, May made sandwiches."

And with those three words we race to the kitchen.