+15

dinner was quiet. and awkward. not the best two combinations. charli wouldn't even look at johnny, and when she did, he was looking at luna.

"well," maddie said, "this is weird."

"i'm sorry," charli scooted her chair back, "i can't sit at this table and act like johnny didn't completely ghost me for no reason." charli said.

she stood up, before she could walk away, johnny spoke up. "i had a reason. don't act stupid."

"i'm not acting stupid. we were talking fine, and then you just stopped talking to me. and blocked me." charli said.

"you blocked her? why?" dixie asked.

luna shot dixie a look and dixie put her head down.

"let's not talk about this." leah said.

"no, let's talk about this. why did you block me?" charli asked.

johnny scoffed, "why did i block you? don't pretend to care now! because you didn't when we were talking."

the table got silent. a tear rolled down charli's face. "i did care. i cared a lot johnny." she walked away from the table. the front door opened, then closed.

johnny stood up and looked at luna, "luna."

"i can explain." she grabbed his hand. he pulled away.

"i trusted you." johnny said to her. luna looked down at her lap. "i'll never make that mistake again." he said and walked out.

"johnny." luna followed him.

"someone wanna explain what just happened?" melissa asked.

maddie, lilia, leah, lauren, and dixie all looked at each other. they all began talking at once.

-

"johnny, can you let me explain?" she asked. he put his coat on and walked outside. she followed.

"charli," johnny said, "can we talk?" he asked.

"now you wanna talk?" charli scoffed.

"i'm sorry," johnny said, "i'm sorry for not coming to you first and asking you what was going on."

"what did you hear was going on?" charli asked.

"that you wanted to expose me. and that you never cared about me. all that jazz." johnny mocked luna.

luna rolled her eyes.

"whoever told you that lied. i cared about you a ton. so much, that i never even sent luna the pictures. i told her to call off the plan. i will admit, i was okay with it at first, but after i got to know you, i realized, you didn't deserve that." charli explained to him.

"happy to know someone genuinely cares about me." johnny smiled at her.

luna's heart broke. "okay. i get it. i shouldn't have lied to either of you." she said.

"then why did you?" charli asked.

"because." luna sighed, trying not to cry.

"because, i care about johnny. i- i couldn't see him with another girl. i didn't want to see him with another girl. especially if that girl was you charli, and i'm sorry. you two deserve each other." luna said as a tear fell down her face. she wiped it away.

she looked down at the floor and waited to be yelled at. she heard the door open and close. she looked to see who went inside, and it was johnny.

"luna," charli sat down on the porch, luna sat next to her, "i'm not mad." she said.

"you're not?" luna asked confused.

"of course not. i'm just, disappointed. and confused. if you liked johnny this whole time, why did you want to do this plan?" charli asked.

"i don't know. i really don't. and i didn't want this to hurt you. charli, i care about you too." luna said to her.

"if you want the truth? half of the time while i was talking to him, he was concerned about you. i bought you up once and all i said was luna's favorite song is someone like you, the one by adele. and he wouldn't shut up about the song or you." the girls laughed.

"i'm not saying what you did was okay, because what you did sucked. but, if it was so easy for him to move on to you, maybe it was a good thing then that him and i never spent real time together." charli explained to her.

luna gave her a confused look. "it was obvious his interest was else where. and i'm okay with that. i'd rather know that he wasn't 100% interested in me when him and i were talking for two weeks, then when him and i were dating for two months. you know?" charli asked.

luna nodded slowly. "so in a way, you saved me from wasting my time." charli said.

"how can you look at the positive of this? you were just crying over him last night. dixie said you wouldn't even leave your bed?" luna questioned.

"i wouldn't. but, there are more fish in the sea. besides, johnny's not that cute anyways. i- in my opinion." charli smiled.

luna gave charli a hug. "c'mon. they're waiting for us inside." charli said holding luna's hand.

kendall's rants 😌
lol sorry charli didn't snap on luna. i sure would've
also thank you guys for all the support on this book🥺. it warms my heart to see how many of you guys read it