A Gut Feeling (23)

1993
Your POV
•-•-•-•-•

Bill and I return into the kitchen after I've fully calmed myself down, and my group comes to us with a concern.

"What are we going to do with her?" Stanley asks.

"I don't like her being in the same place as us for too long," Beverly adds nervously.

"Alright, listen up ya'll," I say, and all eyes turn to me. Even Kimber is paying attention. "She will be stayin' 'ere until mornin'. We'll drop 'er off someplace at dawn, but blindfolded. Got it?"

Everyone nods, content with my plan. I then see a mischievous glint in Kimber's eyes, making me feel uneasy.

"She'll be stayin' in that chair the whole night. I'll keep watch," I state, and Kimber looks disappointed at this news.

I know her tricks.

She was going to try to escape.

She might even still attempt to do so while I'm here. She can be unpredictable at times.

That's what makes her so dangerous.

Maybe even more so than myself.

"Let me clean your cut up first," Eddie insists.

I nod in response, thanking him once he's done. My group heads on up to bed, but Bill stays with me.

"Aren't ya goin' ta sleep?" I question, and he grins at me.

"N-Nope," he replies, "I'm st-staying with y-you. J-Just in c-case."

I smile back a little, "Thanks."

He nods my way, sitting in the chair beside me.

"You two dating or something?" Kimber inquires, using her infamous annoying, pitchy voice.

"None of yer business," I state, giving her an unimpressed look.

Some time passes by, which I spend conversing with my boyfriend and blocking out Kimber.

My mind drifts off as this goes on with Bill and I keeping watch. He rests his head on my shoulder and he falls asleep soon enough, my arm wrapped carefully around him.

I let my fingers roam his hair gently, staring down at him lovingly, as if Kimber weren't here at all.

We still haven't taken down that clown yet, but I will do whatever it takes to do so. Kimber here is just another obstacle in my way.

But this time, I'll have my family to back me up.

Every step of the way.

As I glance at the woman sitting before us, I get this feeling in my gut. I know something is off immediately, and find myself growing tense.

There's a sudden prick on my neck, but I try not to think much of it, telling myself that it's just a bug and my paranoia is getting to me.

However, as I meet the eyes of Kimber one more time and spotting her wide grin, my eyes beginning to droop in exhaustion, I realize that my gut was right.

As it always is.

•-•-•-•-•
[END]

-CastrarWolf