Chapter Three

Michael's POV

My eyes flutter open, but I snap them closed. I open them again, literally rolling out of bed. I pick up a pair of clothes and head toward the bathroom. I take a shower, brush my teeth, and do my hair. I have a about a good fifteen minutes before I need to go to the bus stop. I unplugged my phone, running down the steps and into the kitchen.

I see a piece of paper on the counter, it says that my mom is already at work.

I look through the cabinet, picking up a granola bar. I sit down at the table, eating it while scrolling through instagram.

I throw away my trash once I'm done, slinging my backpack on over my shoulder and slipping on some vans. I head towards the bus stop. I sit on a bench, putting in my earphones.

After about five minutes I felt a presence beside me, I look over seeing the beautiful blond that I met last night.

"Hi Luke." He nods, keeping his eyes trained on his hands.

"Are you okay?" He nods again. I roll my eyes, frustrated that he isn't answering. He could at least look up.

I take a deep breath, "The least you can do is look at me." I mutter. He doesn't answer me, not even nodding this time.

The bus pulls up and I climb on, Luke does the same, still looking down.

---------

*Luke's POV*

(this is after first and second pd. just letting you know)

I walk through the hallways, to my locker, hoping to go unnoticed.

"Hey, it's the schools fucktard." I flinch as they begin circling around me.

I try and walk, keeping my head down.

"Answer me when i'm talking to you!" He shouts in my face.

When I don't answer again, he shoved me against the locker, kicking me in the stomach, which already have bruises. He punches me, once in the face, right before the bell. He walks off, the rest following after.

I carefully get up, wrapping my arms around myself. I pick up my bag, walking slowly to class.

I get to class a few minutes late, all eyes fall on me. I look down biting my lip.

"Luke, where were you?" I walk over to the teacher telling him I was in the restroom.

I sit down in my seat, which Michael happens to be seated beside me. I take out my book, quietly reading.

"Whatcha reading?" Michael asks in a whisper. I pretend I don't hear him, continuing on. He snatches the book from my grip, reading the cover. I sigh, playing with the hem of my sweater.

I take the book back, putting it away, zoning out the rest of the lesson.

----------

(Calum's POV)

I walk toward the Cafeteria, chatting with my friend Ryan.

I place my backpack down at our usual table with a few of my other friends.

I buy lunch and sit down beside Ryan. I spot Ashton, a boy with red hair following in his tracks.

"Hi guys! This is Michael, he's new." Ash says, sitting on the other side of me.

"Hey, Michael nice to meet you."

"Thank you for letting me sit here. I'm not interesting just so you know." Michael says smiling.

"It's not a problem, promise. You're always welcome." I smile kindly. He nods at me looking across the lunch room, I follow his gaze, seeing that he's staring at the shy boy in my math class.

I shift so that I'm looking at Ash, i've been getting these strange feelings for him lately. Butterflies in my stomach, skin tingling at his touch, blushing when he looks at me. I like girls, not guys.

"Cal?" Ashton's soft voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"Yes?" I ask, slightly embarrassed.

"You were looking at me weirdly."

"Oh.. Um, sorry." I say, blushing.

"It's fine." He says, going back to his conversation with Dani and Vicky.

I tried to start a conversation with Michael, but he wasn't really listening. The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. I head to class carrying on with the day.