Taken Back

We walked up to the school and when in. We when to the principal's office right away. "Principal!" Ritchie shouts as Austin breaks the door down. Michael shook his head when he walked in. I stayed behind Michael because I was nervous.

"What's so important that you had to come barging in to my office instead of waiting till class?" He asked annoyed.

"We want to add another person to our team." He gestured to me. "This is Mario." Michael told him.

"I don't remember having a Mario in class."

"He was our lost friend. We found him yesterday. He has the power to come back after dying." Austin explained. The principal look at me, interested.

"How did you get your powers? I know it wasn't from our machine." I was shaking slightly. Michael grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"It's hard to talk about...." I say. He nodded in understanding. I mentally sighed in relief because I really didn't want to explain myself to him. He glanced at all of us, then sighed.

"He can join you..." Austin was about to start celebrating when he said, "But I want a 500 word essay from you three on why we knock first before we enter a room." They all groan. I giggled into my hand to muffle it.

"Yes sir..." They all replied.

"If that's all then, we all need to get to class." He ushered us down the hall into a classroom.

           Once class was out, we started to head home. We were walking down to street, when I saw a group of men with their backs turned to us talking to a woman showing her a piece of paper. As we got closer, I started to recognize them. They were turning around when I jumped into a alleyway.  My friends were about to ask why, when they were cut off.

          "Hey, you three! Have you seen this person around?" A familiar voice called to my friends. I hid behind some boxes and peeked out. Xylo and two guards were showing them a picture of me.

          "No! Sorry sir." Michael replied.

          "Nope!" Ritchie responded.

          "Definitely not!" Austin nervously said. The guards looked suspiciously at Austin. Austin started to sweat. They  whispered something to Xylo. He gave them a slight nod, before he smiled at my friends.

          "Ok if you do see him call this number." He hands them piece of paper. "He's dangerous and needs to be captured. Thanks for your time, have a good day." They left after that. I let out a breath I was holding. I got up and walked over to them. They were crowding around the paper.

         "The SCP Foundation?" Ritchie questioned. I looked down.

"Yeah...They're bad news. I didn't want you guys getting mix up with them. They are the ones who did this to me."

"Don't worry Mario! We'll defend you." Austin exclaimed determinedly. Ritchie and Michael both agreed with him.

"But that's the problem! I don't want you get hurt! If they find me, let them take me. Don't try to stop them." They all looked at me like I was crazy.

"Do you really think that we would just let them take you, when we just got you back?" Ritchie asked.

"Like heck we would! We not losing you again." Michael added.

"Guys...." I felt something wet running down my cheeks. They all hugged me. "You guys are the best. But in all seriousness, you need to let me go." I was muffled by Austin's hand going over my mouth.

"We can worry about that when the time comes. For now, let's just enjoy ourselves." Michael said. Everyone agreed.

We had to take back alleys because the streets were swarming with SCP guards looking for me. Once we made it back to Austin' house, we all breathed a sigh of relief.

"You have to hide. They'll find you if you go out there right now." Ritchie panicked.

    "But where? I can't stay-" We all froze as there was a knock on the door. Austin peeked out the bay window to see who it was. His face morphed into panic.

    "It's the guys from before but with more guys in armor." Austin whispered. The knocking intensified.

    "We can't let them see you." I was about to protest, but Michael and Ritchie started pushing me up the stairs.

    "Austin detract them, we'll hide Mario then be right down." The knocking had turned into full of banging.

   Austin when to open the door, when I heard Xylo yell, "5020! We know you're in there. Come out here now." The door broke, causing Me, Austin, Ritchie and Michael to freeze in place as guards aimed there guns at me. Xylo signaled for them to put there guns down. My friends grew tense and activated there powers as Xylo walked in.

    "How did you find me?" I spat at Xylo.

     "It was quite easy. The moment you stepped foot into Superhero high school, we knew where you were. Who do you think run a high school that can give super powers to normal people?" I started to piece things together.

"The school's run by the SCP Foundation, isn't it?" I asked.

"Well duh! The principal informed us that you were there today. So we used the names of the students you were with to find you. We figure that you had to be in one of their houses. We also figure it out because the panda hat wearing kid looked and was acting suspicious. We just got luck, because this was the first house we checked." Xylo explained.

"You're not taking Mario away from us will out a fight." Michael yelled as he turned into a wolf.

"Yeah!" Ritchie agreed, then lit himself on fire. Austin nodded.

"Oh if you want to be with him so bad you can join him." Xylo nodded to the guards. The guards fired at them. I thought the worse when they all fell over. I ran over to the closest person to me, which was Michael. I was confused when I didn't see anything wounds. I heard Xylo walk up behind me. "Relax Mario. We didn't kill them. We shot them with a sleeping dart. Now if you will come willingly you're punishment will be less severe."

"No...I don't want to go back." I mumbled.

"Well I did give you a chance." I feel something stab into my neck. "Sweet dreams..." I fell to the floor and looked up at him before I completely blacked out.