A Happily Surprise

I heard people talking as I slowly woke up. I sleepily opened my eyes to see Michael and Ritchie watching me and Austin. I was wondering why, until I realized Austin had pulled me onto his chest and I was snuggling him. My face heated up as they giggled. I stuck my tongue out at them. They just laughed harder, causing Austin to wake up.

        Austin groaned softly, trying to get up. I gently pushed him back onto the bed. "Rest Austin, you are still pretty beat up." He responded with a groan. Ritchie and Michael walked over to us. They sat on the ground, as I sat up in bed. We all fell into a comfortable silence. 

       While we were a sleep, someone had brought beds for everyone into my room. They were place all on one side of the room. They also got a bigger dresser with more clothes for everyone. I sighed quietly, looking down. Ritchie, Michael, and Austin noticed.

        "You ok, Mario?" Michael asked, breaking the silence. "Not really...." I say.

         "What's wrong?" Austin asked in a scratchy voice. "If I hadn't tried to escape, you guys wouldn't be in this mess..." Guilt lacing my voice. They all looked at me as if I grown a second head. "What?"

        "Mario, if you think we blame you for this, we don't. We would have tried to recuse you either way." Ritchie stated. "Yeah, we would have gotten caught either way so it's not your fault." Michael reassured. Austin nodded, since his voice was scratchy.

          "Thanks guys, you are the best." I smile at them. "Dog pile!" Austin yells, pulling me on top of him. Ritchie runs and jumps on me, so does Michael. I wheeze as the air is forced from my lungs. Austin makes an squeaking sound. "Forgot! Broken ribs." He squeaks struggling underneath us. Michael immediately got off us. Ritchie soon followed. I also got off him, but I was kinda saddened by it.

     For a few hours, we just talked about random things. Like how their life was going, what they did went I disappeared, or what new hobbies they like. Food was delivered as we talked, but there was no sign of Xylo or testing being done. I felt unease creep into my stomach. Usually Xylo would just check up on me around this time.

      I ignored it and when on with what we were talking about. We decided to watch a movie for a while before we got bored again. Michael turn into a dog to chase his tail. Ritchie was making fire rings in the air. Austin and I were sitting on the bed, bored out of our minds. This when on for another few hours, until we heard the door open.

       Xylo was standing there smiling softly. Everyone looked at him warily. Tension could be felt through the room. Xylo tossed a envelope into my lap. I looked skeptically at him. He just smiled at me and gushers for me to open it. I carefully opened it and read the letter.

        My eyes widened, tears slowly dripped down my face as I read it. I looked up at Xylo. "I-Is this real?" I asked with a shaky voice. Xylo nodded. I ran at him and hugged him. "Thank you, thank you so much!" I cried. Xylo patted my back, while everyone looked confused at me.

      I turned back to them. "We're free." I smile. "Wait what!?" Ritchie exclaimed. I nodded.

      "You guys can lived back where you were living before with Mario," Xylo explained. "But all of you have to work here." Everyone looked at each other before nodding eagerly.

      It's been a few months since we were somewhat let go. The day we were let go, the foundation drove us to Austin's house and explained to us, that we couldn't tell anyone about the foundation. We all agreed. They let Austin and Michael off the hook for the first week so they could heal up, but me and Ritchie had to start right away. I still test the SCP's and I'm used to it by now. Ritchie has a job in incinerating stuff. I think he enjoys it. Michael help scientists talk with animal SCP's, so they can help them. He also plays with them from time to time. Austin, he helps contain SCP's. His strength is very useful.

        Me and Austin started dating, so did Michael and Ritchie. If you listen close enough at night, you can hear Michael from Austin's house. Kay and I are still friends. Xylo is also still a friend. We sometimes hang out, but not often. Well, I better get back to Austin. We're going on a date. So bye.

         Hey, Wolf Pack. Hope you enjoyed this book. And Thank you so muck for the 100 followers. I'm so thankful to all of you. I hope you are doing well during this uncertain time. Bye, hope you have a amazing day/night.