Chapter 36: Curious Cat and Angry Mouse

A/N:

🤪🤪

.

.

.

"I ain't coming."

"C'mon." He stretched back on his piano bench. Then went back to polishing the keys.

"No. You embarrassed me on Thanksgiving. Mom and dad were on my ass the entire day at Target. I couldn't concentrate on black Friday. You fucked me over!" She lectured with her arms waving in the air as she shook the nail polish.

"You embarrassed me at school. So we're even." He reminded her from the time she slapped him three times, back to back on the same cheek.

Louis shrugged on his laptop screen with a smirk. If she could, she'd slap that smirk off his stupid face.

"Even. My. Ass. Now hang up, I'm busy painting my toe nails." She snarled, painting her third toe carefully.

"Can I come over?"

Pausing before she makes a mistake, she looked down at her laptop that settled on the floor. The camera angled at her. Louis could see her hair pinned up into a tiny high ponytail, legs bend and back curve as she was busy doing her nails.

Seeing her in her comfy pajamas pants and morning grouchy attitude makes him crave her more. Challenging every time when she looking cute everyday.

Happy that she picked up the call because the chances are fifty-fifty. She will end his calls or ignore his texts.

"Fuck no."

"Why not?"

With the most peeved face, she went back to finish her other two toe nails. Dipping the brush in the pastel pink container and swiping the brush over her fourth toe.

"Because I said so." She said with attitude. Louis chuckled. Her making a front for no reason. He knows she wants to see him.

And Louis will find any way to see her. Whoever wooing her, better step down. Since she hinted that she was messing around, it kind of tense the freckled man. He couldn't see her with another man besides...him.

Overly jealous and selfish for thinking like that, the man with dreads wanted to be the one see every sides of Clem. Get to know this new version of her. Talk to her. See her smile, cry, angry, and make her feel better. It's his job to take care of her.

Louis swore that was his rightful place.

Even if he isn't ready for love again, he can't deny every thought that passes by is about her. And only her.

"I have nothing to do today. Everyone else going to that party."

"Shocker." She said with sarcasm. Rolling her eyes at the camera.

"Let's hangout." He insisted hopefully. Turning around on the bench to face the laptop.

"I'm busy today."

"Where you going?"

"None ya."

"Clem." He whined playfully.

"You're not invited." Clem twisted her lip to the side. Closing the cap as she waved her hands over her toes. She grabbed the nail polish coat, double layering each nail.

"Clemster."

"Louis. Hang up for me."

"No. Tell me where you going first."